unexplained crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unexplained crash

Well, this is weird. Fortunately, I wasn't in a live trade. Ninjatrader just crashed so hard that I couldn't even close the program. Computer working just fine, Chrome, Firefox etc all accessing internet no problem. Brokerage support offered no clue as to what happened. I've suspended my account temporarily.
    Has anybody else had this happen? Any ideas as to why? Is there any way to find out?
    Tasuki
    Last edited by Tasuki; 11-01-2017, 09:06 AM.

Hello Tasuki,

Thank you for your post. For any questions in regard to a live account, such as a suspended account, please reach out to your broker.

Regarding the platform crashing, please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com, and please reference ticket # 1792770 in your reply.

Additionally, please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
    Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to resolving this item.

Comment

Here's a possibility I just thought of: I think this may be the first time that I've had both NT and Tradestation running in real time during market hours on the same computer. Could Tradestation be causing some kind of conflict with Ninjatrader?
      So far, this is my only clue, but I'm open to any other ideas (like, Ninjatrader is just inherently unstable?).
      There was some guy ranting on the forums not long ago, asking whether anybody makes money with Ninjatrader. I didn't read his post, but I was about to post a reply to the effect of, "sure, of course we do"...and then this happened--a "crash out of the blue". Worrisome to say the least. But maybe it's possible that there's a Tradestation/Ninjatrader conflict? Anybody heard of such a thing before???

Comment

Here's the crash report---do any of you computer experts understand this?:

In your trace file, we found the following errors reported:
        2017-11-01 07:43:50:640 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***********
        2017-11-01 07:43:50:640 Not enough quota is available to process this command
        The above message tells us that NinjaTrader ran out of resources when attempting to fulfill a command.

2017-11-01 07:43:51:145 *************** unhandled exception trapped ***************

2017-11-01 07:43:51:145 Write lock may not be acquired with read lock held. This pattern is prone to deadlocks. Please ensure that read locks are released before taking a write lock. If an upgrade is necessary, use an upgrade lock in place of the read lock.
        The above message indicates that a resource was accessed which was already in use. This is called a 'deadlock.'

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DynamicTest  
        Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ScottWalsh