trend channel shift if bigger than # bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trend channel shift if bigger than # bars

I try to minimise the number of bars loaded because if I don't the system keeps freezing or blocking if I load up too many charts. So I try loading up 500 bars on each timeframe. BUT doing so, if I draw in a channel and go to a lower timeframe, the channel moves (shifts) if the channel exceeds the number of bars.

I attached three charts, drawing a channel on the 60M, with three points marked by circles. Going to 240M it's still correct, but going to M30 it's completely off.

That should not happen. Can you fix this?
    Attached Files

Hello dabbeljoe,

Thank you for reporting. I am able to reproduce the issue on my end. When the 'Trend end' and 'Parallel' anchor points of the Trend Channel are excluded, it plots unexpected. I have sent a report to development.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason!

Comment

Unfortunately this can be as expected. When the drawing object crosses multiple sessions and you then switch to different intervals, intersections of the indicator and price bars can be different. When you rely on visual aids such as the trend channel, we suggest to not carry information between charts (so switching from 60M to 30M).

If the chart contains all 3 anchor points of the trend channel, it should draw as you expect. Please right click in the 30M chart and increase the 'Bars to load' setting until you see all anchor points of the trend channel.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yeah.. just one problem.. too many bars on too many charts causes the whole system to slow down, get errors and finally freeze and be unresponsive. That's why I load up max 500 bars now.

Comment

So I may look into the freezing issue further please go to Help->Email Support and be sure to include Attn: Chris Jameson in the Subject line, a link to this thread in the body and a check in the box for "Log and trace files".
            Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yeah, well, i've been into that problem before but that never brought any solution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Gerik
              by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes