Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Legacy Draw Objects

Dear Support,

I used an indicator in the past that drew rectangles based on certain conditions. I no longer use that indicator. However, regardless of what chart template that I use now, these rectangles will not go away. See attached pic.

I have deleted the _Workspaces file and emptied the cashe folder. No effects.

Couple of Qs please:

How to get rid of these drawn objects that are showing up even on a clean price chart?
    What does the "@" signify in front of the name of these objects in the picture?

Than you.
    Attached Files

Drawing Objects can be applied to a specific chart (local), or to all charts of the same instrument (global). The '@' indicates a 'global' drawing object.

Are you able to manually delete this drawing object on your charts? If not, can you delete these permanently if you first change it to a local object? Follow these steps:
    • Access the Drawing Object's properties from the Drawing Objects dialogue (see the "Understanding drawing object properties" section above)
    • Locate the "Attach to" drop down menu and select "Instrument name" (All charts)

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      Drawing Objects can be applied to a specific chart (local), or to all charts of the same instrument (global). The '@' indicates a 'global' drawing object.

Are you able to manually delete this drawing object on your charts? If not, can you delete these permanently if you first change it to a local object? Follow these steps:
      • Access the Drawing Object's properties from the Drawing Objects dialogue (see the "Understanding drawing object properties" section above)
      • Locate the "Attach to" drop down menu and select "Instrument name" (All charts)
      Thanks Patrick.

I am able to remove them manually, however once the chart is updated they come back. Also, the "Attached to" box under drop down menu is already "All charts" and grayed out and can not be changed.

Thanks.

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Please follow these steps:
        • Shut down NinjaTrader
        • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > templates > 'GlobalDrawingObject' folder
        • Delete all contents of the 'GlobalDrawingObject' folder
        • NOTE: DO NOT delete the 'GlobalDrawingObject' folder itself.
        • Restart NinjaTrader and test

Comment

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Please follow these steps:
          • Shut down NinjaTrader
          • Navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > templates > 'GlobalDrawingObject' folder
          • Delete all contents of the 'GlobalDrawingObject' folder
          • NOTE: DO NOT delete the 'GlobalDrawingObject' folder itself.
          • Restart NinjaTrader and test
          Thanks Patrick,

I am using the latest 8.0.9.0 64-bit.
          Also, going through your steps, the "Global Drawing Object" folder was already empty, nothing in there to delete.

Thanks.

Comment

I'd like to investigate further by looking at your log and trace files. You can send me these files by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensure that ''Log and Trace Files' is checked. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1795097 ATTN Patrick G

Comment

We discovered that a custom add-on you had applied was drawing global objects automatically. The NinjaScript Team will be more than happy to assist you with adjusting this behavior in your code.

You can follow up in the NinjaScript forums or via email for further assistance.

Comment

We discovered that a custom add-on you had applied was drawing global objects automatically. The NinjaScript Team will be more than happy to assist you with adjusting this behavior in your code.

You can follow up in the NinjaScript forums or via email for further assistance.
                Thank you Patrick_G.

You and your Support Team Rock!

As suspected, the less obvious bool option for isGlobal in Draw.Rectangle overload was marked as true and that was the culprit. A simple change to false fixed the issue.

You guys are Fantastic!

Cheers

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post PaulMohn  
                Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
                1 response