PlaySound Frequency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PlaySound Frequency

I have an indicator that I have set to Calcl'OnPriceChange' and the indicator has a PlaySound function 'On Bar Update'. When the indicator intiates at what frequency would you expect the PlaySound to activate.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

This would depend on if you are trying to limit the PlaySound in anyway with logic, if you only have PlaySound in OnBarUpdate I would expect this to play a sound for each price change where OnBarUpdate is called. This also relates to the settings you have on the options menu, please see the notes on the following page for expectations: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../playsound.htm

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Erratic PlaySound

It is pure curiosity and not a problem but the sound sounds at the beginning of the second bar which is the trigger for my indicator but then when it sounds thereafter is anybody's guess and it certainly is not on every price change. The fewer the better after the first but I'm not smart enough to know how to limit it.

The options menu has not been touched.

Thanks for your input.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Based on your description of the indicator, it sounds like you do have some form of condition happening, is this correct?

the sound sounds at the beginning of the second bar which is the trigger for my indicator
        If you have conditions in the script, it may not hapen on each price change and would instead play a sound only when that condition becomes true. This could be the reason you only hear it sometimes after the first event. I would suggest using Print statements to know specifically when the conditions to play the sound are true.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses