Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Cryptocurrency Strategy Testing in NT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Cryptocurrency Strategy Testing in NT

    Hello,

    I would like to back test and eventually live run some of my NT strategies with the cryptocurrecny market. Mainly on the bitcoin exchange data with BTC/USD.

    Does NT backtesting simulation have the capability for the cryptocurrecny market data exchanges for automated trading systems?

    Thank you

    #2
    Hello simple_goodoboy,

    Thank you for the post.

    At this time, crypto currencies including Bitcoin would not be supported and currently there are no supported data-feed providers to provide data for these symbols.

    NinjaTrader currently supports Stock, Futures, Indexes and Forex.

    Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      hello,

      Wait for CME to offer BTC futures before year end.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by ashmanz80 View Post
        hello,

        Wait for CME to offer BTC futures before year end.
        Thank you ashmanz,

        When they add the BTC futures, can I use NT to develop and teSt strategies?

        Or will NT not support this market at all?

        Thanks

        Comment


          #5
          Hello simple_goodoboy,

          Thank you for your post.

          Currently, none of our supported data feed providers supply market data for the Bitcoin markets.

          There may be an solution for this in the future, but unfortunately there are no options to trade/view these products at this time.

          Please let us know if we may assist again in the future.
          MicahNinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
            Hello simple_goodoboy,

            Thank you for your post.

            Currently, none of our supported data feed providers supply market data for the Bitcoin markets.

            There may be an solution for this in the future, but unfortunately there are no options to trade/view these products at this time.

            Please let us know if we may assist again in the future.
            Hi what about now that CME is offering BTC futures is this available for NT7 and 8
            Thanks
            if yes how do we set it up please provide info on...

            http://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equi...fications.html
            Last edited by sonia0101; 11-27-2017, 08:07 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Hello simple_goodoboy,

              Thank you for your reply. Currently there is no means to stream cryptocurreny data into NinjaTrader 8. However, it could be possible to import the historical data into NinjaTrader, if in the proper format. Please see the link below about importing historical data.

              https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?importing.htm

              Additionally, below I have provided links regarding backtesting strategies in NinjaTrader 8.
              https://youtu.be/kjnyYlzzog8
              https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...a_strategy.htm

              Please let us know if we may assist further.
              MicahNinjaTrader Customer Service

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
                Hello simple_goodoboy,

                Thank you for your reply. Currently there is no means to stream cryptocurreny data into NinjaTrader 8. However, it could be possible to import the historical data into NinjaTrader, if in the proper format. Please see the link below about importing historical data.

                https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...?importing.htm

                Additionally, below I have provided links regarding backtesting strategies in NinjaTrader 8.
                https://youtu.be/kjnyYlzzog8
                https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...a_strategy.htm

                Please let us know if we may assist further.
                Thank you very much Micah for the response and help. The links will be helpful and I will read them.

                Just to be clear I understand you. I can obtain historical data from a cryptocurrecncy broker and format per NT requirements via the links above and use Strategy Analyzer to back some strategies?

                Thank you

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hello simple_goodoboy,

                  Thank you for your reply. Yes, you can obtain historical data from a cryptocurrency broker and format per NT requirements and use Strategy Analyzer to backtest your strategies.

                  Please first make sure you have created the instrument in the instruments menu. I have included instructions below.

                  NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:

                  Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
                  Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
                  Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
                  Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

                  The new instrument has now been created in your database. Please let us know if we may assist further.
                  MicahNinjaTrader Customer Service

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
                    Hello simple_goodoboy,

                    Thank you for your reply. Yes, you can obtain historical data from a cryptocurrency broker and format per NT requirements and use Strategy Analyzer to backtest your strategies.

                    Please first make sure you have created the instrument in the instruments menu. I have included instructions below.

                    NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:

                    Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
                    Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
                    Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
                    Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

                    The new instrument has now been created in your database. Please let us know if we may assist further.
                    Thank you Micah

                    Comment

                    Latest Posts

                    Collapse

                    Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by jc.am, Today, 07:59 PM
                    1 response
                    5 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_EricB  
                    Started by ybhx0315, Today, 09:06 PM
                    0 responses
                    2 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ybhx0315  
                    Started by parkinsonbr, Today, 08:23 PM
                    0 responses
                    3 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post parkinsonbr  
                    Started by i2w8am9ii2, Today, 04:36 PM
                    2 responses
                    13 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post i2w8am9ii2  
                    Started by WeyldFalcon, Today, 02:07 PM
                    2 responses
                    15 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post WeyldFalcon  
                    Working...
                    X