Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cryptocurrency Strategy Testing in NT

Hello,

I would like to back test and eventually live run some of my NT strategies with the cryptocurrecny market. Mainly on the bitcoin exchange data with BTC/USD.

Does NT backtesting simulation have the capability for the cryptocurrecny market data exchanges for automated trading systems?

Thank you

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thank you for the post.

At this time, crypto currencies including Bitcoin would not be supported and currently there are no supported data-feed providers to provide data for these symbols.

NinjaTrader currently supports Stock, Futures, Indexes and Forex.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello,

Wait for CME to offer BTC futures before year end.

Comment

Originally posted by ashmanz80 View Post
        hello,

Wait for CME to offer BTC futures before year end.
        Thank you ashmanz,

When they add the BTC futures, can I use NT to develop and teSt strategies?

Or will NT not support this market at all?

Thanks

Comment

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thank you for your post.

Currently, none of our supported data feed providers supply market data for the Bitcoin markets.

There may be an solution for this in the future, but unfortunately there are no options to trade/view these products at this time.

Please let us know if we may assist again in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Micah View Post
            Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thank you for your post.

Currently, none of our supported data feed providers supply market data for the Bitcoin markets.

There may be an solution for this in the future, but unfortunately there are no options to trade/view these products at this time.

Please let us know if we may assist again in the future.
            Hi what about now that CME is offering BTC futures is this available for NT7 and 8
            Thanks
            if yes how do we set it up please provide info on...

Find information for Bitcoin Futures Contract Specs provided by CME Group. View Contract Specs
            Last edited by sonia0101; 11-27-2017, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thank you for your reply. Currently there is no means to stream cryptocurreny data into NinjaTrader 8. However, it could be possible to import the historical data into NinjaTrader, if in the proper format. Please see the link below about importing historical data.

Additionally, below I have provided links regarding backtesting strategies in NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thank you for your reply. Currently there is no means to stream cryptocurreny data into NinjaTrader 8. However, it could be possible to import the historical data into NinjaTrader, if in the proper format. Please see the link below about importing historical data.

Additionally, below I have provided links regarding backtesting strategies in NinjaTrader 8.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
                Thank you very much Micah for the response and help. The links will be helpful and I will read them.

Just to be clear I understand you. I can obtain historical data from a cryptocurrecncy broker and format per NT requirements via the links above and use Strategy Analyzer to back some strategies?

Thank you

Comment

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, you can obtain historical data from a cryptocurrency broker and format per NT requirements and use Strategy Analyzer to backtest your strategies.

Please first make sure you have created the instrument in the instruments menu. I have included instructions below.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
                  Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
                  Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
                  Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hello simple_goodoboy,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, you can obtain historical data from a cryptocurrency broker and format per NT requirements and use Strategy Analyzer to backtest your strategies.

Please first make sure you have created the instrument in the instruments menu. I have included instructions below.

NinjaTrader comes pre-loaded with the most commonly traded instruments. Should you wish to add an instrument to your database that is not located in the preloaded lists, please follow these steps:

Navigate to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments window.
                    Left-click on the ‘add’ button that appears near the lower right-hand corner of the Instruments window.
                    Enter instrument-specific symbol mapping, exchanges, and other information on the Instrument editor that appears. This information will largely depend on your broker or data feed provider’s specific settings regarding the instrument in question.
                    Left-click the OK button once each field has been filled out with correct information.

The new instrument has now been created in your database. Please let us know if we may assist further.
                    Thank you Micah

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB, 01-08-2017, 06:59 PM
                    79 responses
                    5 likes
                    Last Post zrobfrank  
                    Started by funk10101, Today, 08:14 AM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes