NT8 sometimes remembers windows positions incorrectly at startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 sometimes remembers windows positions incorrectly at startup

Sometimes I close NT 8 using the option "Save workspace = Yes to all", sometimes I close it with "No to all". Every once in a while NT 8 positions all windows incorrectly when I start the software the next time. Usually the windows are vertically off by the height of a tool bar (they're positioned higher, closer to the top of the screen). If I leave'em where they are now, sometimes they even wander up again during next restart, and again by the height of a toolbar.

I couldn't figure out yet when it happens and when not, can't reproduce it on a step-by-step basis, but it seems to be related to multiple closings, some with and some without saving.

This is no big deal, expect for having the Control Center window go above my screen's border, making it impossible to use its menus such as "Connections" etc. (my Control Center is usually exactly at the top of one of my monitors).

Maybe the NT-developers want to have a closer look at how they recalculate the windows-positions at startup (or, perhaps opposite, at time of shutting down NT 8 when writing the last positions?), especially watch out for toolbar' heights to be included or not

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I'm happy to check into this with you if you would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171109.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Drew.
      The problem did not occur today, so I will send in the requested files the next time the windows get shifted

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      11 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post xiinteractive  
      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred