Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 on Desktop, NT7 on VPS

Hello,

Due to several experiences of an unstable platform while trading with NT8 while using ATM Strategies, and since there does not seem to be any urgency to make the platform stable or safe for live trading, I am looking for a more stable, safer solution.

I have four computer monitors; can I have NT8 displaying on three of my computer monitors, for analysis purposes, and then have NT7 running on a VPS being displayed on my fourth computer monitor?

Would that free up system resources and cause less freezing and crashing where it matters most, on the platform that would execute trades using an ATM Strategy?

i2w8am9ii2,

Thanks for posting.

This would be possible, and separating programs out to the VPS would help free up resources on your main PC as you have indicated.

I'd also be happy to investigate any crashing or unexpected behavior with the platform ifyou would please email us at PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com. In your message please include a link to this forum thread and a copy of today's trace files. You will find these diagnostic files in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > Trace folder. I will need to review a copy of the files which are named 'trace.20171112.XXXXX.txt'. There will likely be multiple files for each day.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the info Drew,

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
      24 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post spwizard  
      Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM