Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My NT8 Connections are Screwed Up

Hello,

Earlier, I copied a couple of my NT8 workspaces and renamed them, to use for VPS trading. Maybe that was were I screwed up, maybe not.

Then when I was doing simulated trading tonight, my connection and accounts were all messed up.

I was trading the Forex markets, and connected to the FXCM connection, and noticed that my futures account P&L was going up and down (mostly down) as I was testing a couple of theories while trading.

Then I disconnected and went to my futures account and connected to my Continuum connection and saw that all my sim accounts connected to my FXCM connection.

Screenshots attached.

What could this be and what can I do?
    Attached Files

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 8

Cut and paste the Config file to your desktop and start NinjaTrader.

Subsequently create new connections for FXCM and Continuum and check if the Control Center-->Accounts-tab shows correct information.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Jason,

After moving my Config file to my desktop, NT8 no longer shows my live account in my list of accounts.

Is there another way to do this?

I just restored a previous backup file, before I saw your reply to my post.

Comment

Hello i2w8am9ii2,

Do you see your live account once connected to your live account connection?

Did you shut down NinjaTrader before transferring the Config file?

Comment

Hi Jason,

Yes, I did shut down NT8 before transferring the Config file.

There is no Live Account to connect to in my list of Accounts (Accounts tab).

After starting NT8, it asks me if I want to import my Config file, ATM Strategies and so on from NT7, should I say yes or no?

Comment

Please say No when prompted to transfer items from NinjaTrader 7.

Can you please recreate the FXCM and Continuum connections in NinjaTrader 8 after transferring the Config file. The Config file contains created connections, so they need to be recreated.

Comment

Thanks for the info Jason,

I have a Multi-Broker License, a Lifetime License, and a TDAmeritrade stock trading account.

Do I need to use different credentials for each one, when creating the accounts?

Comment

Yes, please enter the username and password for the account connection in question when you recreate it.

Comment

Hi Jason,

I just created a new Ninjatrader Continuum account using the credentials for it. Then I created a Forex FXCM account using the credentials for it.

But when I connect to Ninjatrader Continuum while in my futures workspace, I still see 'SO NinjaTrader Continuum' for both my Forex SIM account and for all my futures SIM accounts.

And I do not see my live account or my TDAmeritrade stock trading account.

Comment

Hi Jason,

My live account was not showing up because NT8 had my SIM license stored. So I replaced it with my Lifetime License and now my live account shows up.

But I still have a problem with getting my Forex connection.

Comment

Please note that the connection shown in the Accounts-tab does not mean the simulation account will only use data from that connection. If you are connected to FXCM second, you receive forex data from FXCM. Continuum does not support forex data.

You could also setup preferred connections. Please go to Control Center-->Tools-->Options-->Market data. If you click the 'Preferred connections - historical/real-time' settings, you will see 5 new selections to select the preferred data feed per instrument type.

Comment

Thanks for your help Jason,

I appreciate your time and info given.

I just tested putting on a trade using the FXCM connection, and it no longer changes the P&L in my futures SIM account.

And I just tested putting on a trade using the Ninjatrader Continuum connection, and it does not change the P&L in my Forex SIM account.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks again for your time and help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                        47 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post aligator  
                        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                        0 responses