Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeds stop/have reconnect

hey there,

another issue I've been having for years - and the reason why I cannot get a paid subscription and use NT8 more than just a novelty fun tool - is the feeds keeps hanging/stopping while still fully connected.

I've attached a screenshot of what this looks like. Basically, no matter what stock I put it, it WILL load, but only until the time that the feed was coming in. It is still connected, but the only way to unfreeze this is to disconnect and reconnect again.

Level 2 goes blank, and only the last trade shows up in T&S - in this case at 11:56:32 AM, meanwhile it's 3:08 PM. The connection to TDA is "live", but it might as well not be, as nothing happens.

I've attached trace and log files that were the latest. I suspect (due to close time proximity), it's the "2017-11-15 11:56:27:461 (My TD AMERITRADE) Tda.Adapter.ParseStreamingData: IndexOutOfRangeException - Partial message received. Skipping to next message. symbol='' message='Index was outside the bounds of the array.'"

However, I have "break;" scripts included in all situations that an array is not large enough, and even if there is a mistake in the script causing this exception, shouldn't the strategy stop working, rather than the entire NT8

Log file seems to indicate that once strategy executes once, we done for the day!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 11-15-2017, 02:45 PM.

I removed your log and trace files after downloading them as they may contain sensitive information. Please refrain from including these files publicly. If you wish to share your log and trace files, please contact us via email.

A connection state between NinjaTrader and your broker/market data vendor is not dictated by NinjaTrader. The NinjaTrader application only reports the connection state as it is reported by the API you are connected through. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio receiver in that it receives signals from the connected server. If the signals are not coming through, the underlying broker/market data vendor API reports this to the NinjaTrader application which in turn reports this back to you. Once a loss of connection is reported, NinjaTrader or the underlying API will continuously try to re-establish a connection.

However, if a disconnect or poor connection is not reported by the API, NinjaTrader will simply keep reporting the last known information.

I do see that the last print in the log is of an execution at 11:49:36:743 which coincides closely with the time of the trace message you've pointed out.

You report that this is a chronic issue. If network troubleshooting has already been performed, then to look into this in more detail we'll need to do some testing to isolate the issue. For example, does this ever occur when using a different data provider?

Please write into support. You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
    • Ensure that 'Log and Trace Files' is checked. This is checked by default.
    • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1800016 ATTN Patrick G
    • Please also include a link to this forum thread.

Comment

The exact reason I'm still live in nt7 and can't go to nt8.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        The exact reason I'm still live in nt7 and can't go to nt8.
        NT7 is not purely C# coding language though? It's some sort of "quasi" mix if I'm not mistaken? I imagine some of the indicators I coded myself, as well as the strategy would not be transferable in any functional way.

Comment

NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader use a subset of C# called 'NinjaScript'. This 'NinjaScript' is slightly different between NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8. To learn more, I suggest that you make a new post in the NinjaScript forum, or write into our support team so we may help you with any NinjaScript questions you may have.

I have not received an email from you regarding this original inquiry. If you have sent it, then it unfortunately did not reach us. Please email us directly with the requested files attached.

Write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. In the subject, include '1800016 ATTN Patrick G.

In the body of the message, include a link to this forum thread and a brief description of the issue.

To send us your files:
          • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
          • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to the email.
          • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Posting a reply here as well, as the thread of the name fits for the issue I may have already discussed elsewhere:

Update to the issue, since Trace file seems to give very specific points.

It's a very sad update, however. I've seen reconciled with the fact that I cannot run strategies using TDA with Ninja as they have a limit on the number of simultaneous requests from each user - not clear on what that limit was, rep would not disclose or did not know..

So I've translated my strategy on charts, so at the very least I could look at things myself, and get an easy and quick read looking at an instrument. However, the connection is being dropped even if I'm simply connected to them and using charts. Can you look into why this is happening, or is it completely up to TDA to disconnect all NT users?

"
            2017-12-11 13:12:16:210 (My TD AMERITRADE Tda.Adapter.GetOrderHistoryAsync0: <?xml version="1.0"?><amtd><result>OK</result><orderstatus-list><account-id>868083572</account-id></orderstatus-list></amtd>
            2017-12-11 13:12:17:491 (My TD AMERITRADE) Tda.Adapter.StreamingDataCallback: IOException='System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
            at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
            at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncRes ult asyncResult)
            --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
            at System.Net.ConnectStream.EndRead(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
            at NinjaTrader.Tda.Adapter.StreamingDataCallback(IAsy ncResult ar)'
            2017-12-11 13:12:17:491 (My TD AMERITRADE) Tda.Adapter.StreamingDataCallback: IOException InnerException='System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
            at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
            at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.EndRead(IAsyncRes ult asyncResult)'
            2017-12-11 13:12:17:491 ERROR: The connection was forcibly closed by TDA.
            "

Comment

NinjaTrader does not automatically disconnect users for any reason. NinjaTrader behaves like a radio - it reports the information it receives from your connection.

If the connection forces a disconnect, then this cannot be avoided. The error message at the end of your quote states that TDA has forced the connection to be closed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Christopher_R  
              Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
              166 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post sidlercom80