Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Charts shows wrong week days (starting Tuesday and ending Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts shows wrong week days (starting Tuesday and ending Saturday)

Hi,

If I open a chart with a RTH template the week days are fine (starting Monday and ending Friday).
    However, when I use the "Default 24x5" template the week starts at Tuesday and ends on Saturday (Monday gone).

This occurs on daily charts and 1440 Minute charts.

I've read somewhere else that this might have something to do with the days ending at 00:00 the next day (Monday starting on Monday 00:00 and ending Tuesday 00:00).
    So maybe while building the chart NT only looks at the ending and builds that day instead of the day before.

Seems to me that in order to fix this NT's logic needs to be adjusted.
    Building the bar based on the ending time works fine for charting if the daybar starts and ends on the same day.
    But maybe an exception should be added that if a day ends on 00:00 the next day NT should build the previous day.
    So if Monday ends on Tuesday 00:00 NT should still build Monday and not magically build Tuesday which actually just started.

Or is there some other way to fix this issue? So I can still use the default 24x5 template and get the correct weekdays showing?

Last edited by Thaimon; 10-06-2018, 07:43 AM.

You're correct to say that NinjaTrader's bar timestamps with the close time of the bar, so if they close time of the bar is in the next calendar day, it will display the next day's date as the time stamp of that bar.

What is the time zone of NinjaTrader? You can check by going to the Control Center > Tools > Options. What is your PC's time zone?

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply.
      NT timezone and PC timezone are the same.

It's not just the time stamp the entire bar is next day's bar instead of the actual bar that happened, this causes a shift in data (daily bars) from monday - friday to tuesday - saturday.

I think I could fix the issue by creating custom templates with each day like monday 00:00 - monday 23:59 and so forth. One missing minute isn't going to impact the chart all that much.
      But maybe it's fixed with the new release, Issue 13181 has been fixed. I will update the software and check.

UPDATE: It has been fixed, week days are back to normal (monday - friday)
      Last edited by Thaimon; 10-31-2018, 02:17 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post terofs
      by terofs

Started by nandhumca, Today, 03:41 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes