Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard shortcuts

Hi there
    Please see the screenshot below and/or image attached.
    There are 2 icons circled in red.
    Q1 Are they keyboard shortcuts to action them?
    Q2 What are they called? (I know what they do but do they have names?)
    Q3 Is there
    https://content.screencast.com/users...2018-21.04.png

EDIT: Please see TradingPanda 's post #9 below point out the new 'Auto scale and return' hot key availability
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 08-17-2021, 06:29 AM.

I see in the manual Operations > Charts > Navigating a Chart down the page I see reference to the "Box with an F".
    No name it would seem.
    No reference to a keyboard shortcut. Is there one?

Comment

Also in the manual I see Operations > Charts > How to scroll a chart (panning) I see reference to Keyboard controls. The Home key would be the same I think as left clicking on the..... yes there is a name Range Icon. In effect we have a keyboard shortcut for this one.

Comment

Is there any place with an exhaustive list of keyboard shortcuts? I have looked/searched......

Thanks for any replies

Comment

Don't know if there's a list, but if you don't already know and it helps if you go to Tools | Hotkeys you'll find them there and options to custom assign some not enabled by default

Comment

I would call these two icons the 'return icon' and the 'fixed scale icon'. There is not hot key for these items, however, I have submitted a feature request to the Development Team on your behalf to add these hot keys. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

You'll find the hot keys available to program within The Control Center > Tools > Hot keys as Bruce mentions. Here is the relevant help guide section:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ey_manager.htm
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-10-2018, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              I would call these two icons the 'return icon' and the 'fixed scale icon'. There is not hot key for these items, however, I have submitted a feature request to the Development Team on your behalf to add these hot keys. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-2386. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

You'll find the hot keys available to program within The Control Center > Tools > Hot keys as Bruce mentions. Here is the relevant help guide section:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ey_manager.htm

Hi Patrick this is something that I requested some time ago including that ability to make the hot key to be global such that it would restore the correct right spacing and the vertical full scale for all charts sin the workspace. Not sure if there is not tracking number for a similar request.

James 108

Comment

All hotkey-related feature requests are being tracked within SFT-2386.

Comment

Originally posted by slouw View Post
                  Hi there
                  Please see the screenshot below and/or image attached.
                  There are 2 icons circled in red.
                  Q1 Are they keyboard shortcuts to action them?
                  Q2 What are they called? (I know what they do but do they have names?)
                  Q3 Is there
                  Hope this Helps someone looking for this..

In the hotkeys window...set a shortcut for Auto scale and return.. This will do the job

Comment

'auto scale and return' hot key... can we have one for ALL CHARTS?

when using chart trader, a misclick while trying to move the orders will pan the chart instead

so often, many charts of mine need 'auto scale and return'

can we have a keyboard shortcut or setting so that the hotkey will 'auto scale and return' all opened charts?

thanks

Comment

whats1thingnow an immediate solution would be to fix the issue on the chart immediately by using the available hotkey instead of waiting until there are multiple charts out of auto-scale/current bar view. I'll add your suggestion to SFT-2386.

Comment

Originally posted by TradingPanda View Post

Hope this Helps someone looking for this..

In the hotkeys window...set a shortcut for Auto scale and return.. This will do the job
                        WOW, this solved what I needed and was looking for, with just 1 hotket I can refresh and auto scale the graph to the original position, thanks for the tip, it helped me a lot.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post DJ888
                        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                        0 responses
                        0 likes