Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

BUG: Workspace doesn't save all charts (in tabs) left scale settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BUG: Workspace doesn't save all charts (in tabs) left scale settings.

Hi,

I'm using the latest NT 8.0.15.1 under w10 x64.

If you open several charts (in tabs) and use 2 scales on each chart, an automatic right scale + a fixed left scale and save your workspace, then NT8 won't save the fixed left scale settings in all the charts. It will ONLY save the default displayed tab chart fixed left scale correctly AND will RESET ALL the other tab charts left scale to "automatic"

I have 24 tab charts...

Please fix this bug ASAP.

Thanks
    Attached Files

I am having difficulty reproducing what you're reporting. I tried the following steps:
    • Create a chart window with two data series in the same panel
      • One data series scaled left and one data series scaled right
    • Duplicate this tab in a new tab
    • Shut down NinjaTrader and save the workspace
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    After these steps, both panels in my chart window had retained the scale settings.

What steps should I be taking to reproduce the issue you're reporting?

Comment

Patrick,
      I have decided to rebuild from scratch with your duplication procedure my whole workspace and now, for some reason it works.
      Please note however that, if you duplicate a chart tab with a fixed left & automatic right scale to a new tab, then, for some reason, the new tab will reset its left scale to automatic...
      Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

I also cannot reproduce that behavior. I've made a short video below attempting to reproduce what you're reporting:

Could you tell me if I followed valid steps to reproduce what you've reported?

Comment

Thanks, I'm afraid I talked too fast, the left scales have been reset to automatic. I need to investigate what's wrong (indicators...) and will keep you posted. Thanks.

Comment

I've reinstalled NT8 and now the workspace seem to correctly save the fixed left scales on all the chart tabs.
            However, if you save one of these chart tab to a "test" template and then, open a new chart and load this "test" template, the left scale is reset to automatic.
            The templates don't save the fixed left scale. Why?

Comment

I could not recreate any issue when creating and loading templates with different left/right scale settings in one chart window:

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I also could not reproduce an issue using these templates in a new chart window unless I selected different instruments:

can you review those videos and let me know what I might be doing differently from you in my efforts to reproduce what you're reporting?

Comment

Hi Patrick,
                I can't believe you cannot reproduce the problems I have every time :-)) No luck!
                See the attached MP4 file link.
                Thanks

Comment

Ah, I see the difference in our tests now. You're trying to have a left fixed scale persist with an indicator while I was testing with a secondary data series. I can recreate the issue if I use an RSI applied to the left scale. It seems the limitation is specific to fixed scaling indicators. I'll pass this onto the Development Team for review. The internal tracking number is TS-1902. I'll follow up when I have more information.

Comment

Good, thank you for your work and time. Have a nice day.

Comment

The tracking number has been updated to 13233. Please keep an eye on the release notes when a new version of NinjaTrader available. If the number is included, the issue has been addressed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post junkone
                      by junkone

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
                      12 responses
                      0 likes