Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

No historical data from HKFE (CQG data feed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No historical data from HKFE (CQG data feed)

I get data from HKFE for products MSI, HSI and HHI - live data works fine but there is no historical data on NT7. The data provider / CQG has historical data as if I connect to other trading platforms then historical data works fine. I have been told that NT7 does not support historical data for HKFE.

Question: does NT8 have this same limitation, or will historical data work? If not, any plan to fix this bug? Without historical data it is pretty much impossible to use NT as a platform for this growth market. If I use NT to execute in real time, then I will need to pay for a second data subscription to connect to another trading platform for historical data - double the cost, and two platforms running simultaneously, not something I want to pursue.

Thanks.

I answered your question when you asked this on the NT7 post here.

Comment

This has been answered by Patrick on another thread, his reply:

I am not sure what your mean when you say "CQG do provide the historical data but it seems NT7 cannot 'read' this or store it", however, I can confirm that CQG does not provide historical data to NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader is not 'blocking' their historical data. If you heard this from CQG, perhaps they're referring to the historical data being available on their platform, however, they do not provide access to this data when connecting to a third party application like NinjaTrader.

Since CQG only provides real-time data to NinjaTrader, the NinjaTrader historical data servers record and provide historical data for the most popular futures and forex instruments. MSI, HHI, and HSI are instruments that our servers do not actively record and provide historical data for. I'll add your vote to the active feature request for these instruments to be added to our historical data servers. Note that if any changes are made, it is likely the change will only be made to NinjaTrader 8 as NinjaTrader 8 is our flagship model. NinjaTrader 7 will continue to receive critical maintenance updates only.
      1. NinjaTrader 8's historical data servers all do not record these three specific instruments
      2. There is no 'resolution' planned other than tracking interest from users like you in the feature request mentioned above (I'll add the tracking ID number when I locate it)
      Link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-only-realtime

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
      19 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Radano
      by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
      0 responses