One Trade Per Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Trade Per Session

How would I set it up in Strategy Builder to only have one trade per session per market?

For example, I trade 7 futures markets during the daytime session.
    If a trade hits, I only want that market to take that trade for the day... ie. no more entries the rest of the trading session.

Now, I don't want to limit the other markets if they haven't hit yet...

So say the ES hits for that day... it can't enter another trade until the next day.

Now, if GC, NG, ZN, etc. hits... that's fine... as I don't limit all of my trading on other markets... just the market that enters into a trade that day.

Now, say GC hits or NG hits... well, that's done for the day too in terms of entering any new trades... and so on and so forth.

Long story short, it's a breakout system and if the trade fails that day, I don't want to get seesawed back and forth... in and out of trades in the same market.

Hello TicksBandit,

Thanks for your post.

You can add a user variable that is a bool type (true or false). Set the bool variable default to true.

In the condition set for your current entry, add a check to see if the bool is true.

In the actions section, where you place the order, add the action to set the bool false. This prevents any further orders until the bool is reset to true.

If you run the strategy continuously (day after day) then you will need to add a reset condition for the bool. In another set add the condition if First bar of session (found in Misc folder) is true then for action set the bool to true.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post PaulMohn  
    Started by Conceptzx, 10-11-2022, 06:38 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes