NT8 Profit & Loss Calculator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Profit & Loss Calculator

Is there some tool in NT to calculate the potential profit or loss of a trade before entering into that trade?

Hello,

Thanks for posting.

You could use the Risk-Reward Drawing tool to map out a trade before placing it and also map out where you may want to potentially place bracket orders. This can be accessed by right-clicking within the chart, selecting "Drawing Tools" and then "Risk-Reward." More information on this drawing tool can be found at the below link:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_DrewO View Post
      Hello,

Thanks for posting.

You could use the Risk-Reward Drawing tool to map out a trade before placing it and also map out where you may want to potentially place bracket orders. This can be accessed by right-clicking within the chart, selecting "Drawing Tools" and then "Risk-Reward." More information on this drawing tool can be found at the below link:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._tools__ob.htm
      By calculator, I mean showing the risk/reward in terms of dollars. For instance, if I wanted to simulate a hypothetical trade in CL futures. If I wanted to calculate how much I'd lose or make at 10 ticks.

Comment

Meaux Argent,

Thanks for getting back to me.

While there would not be a specific "calculator" tool that can be used, such an item may be something that could be created with custom NinjaScript programming. If you are not a programmer yourself, you could seek the help of a third party vendor to assist with creating such an item.

You can also set the Risk-Reward drawing tool to use Currency as its display in its settings. These can be found by double-clicking the base line of this drawing tool, which opens its Properties menu.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes