• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

OnMarketData & OnMarketDepth should be the same method

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Cool, hope it gets released fast, is really importan if you want to process DOM data
    Thanks again.

    Regards.
    Fernando.-

    Comment


      #17
      Dear Support and Fernand0,
      are there some updates about this request?
      I found the same problem, OnMarketData and OnMarketDepth are not in sync.

      this matter that Fernand0 said:
      "
      There are 100 contracts(ES) that disappear, ok, what happened? 100 contracts were hitted or a big player removed 100 contracts?"

      it is a very important thing to know, otherwise is useless to have access to level 2.
      How can I resolve this ?
      thank you, best regards
      Andrea

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by AndreaBhs View Post
        Dear Support and Fernand0,
        are there some updates about this request?
        I found the same problem, OnMarketData and OnMarketDepth are not in sync.
        AndreaBhs

        No, sorry, OnMarketData keeps RECEIVING the data on time(sometimes), BUT there are a lot of cases where it's DELIVERED late.
        That discrepancy between the time of the event when it occurs and the time when you get the data shows that the sequence of events is not trustworthy.

        You can try with Simulated Data Feed, you won't find this problem, but as the name says, it's a simulation.

        The worst problem of this is for example when you want to use a RNN(Recurrent Neural Network), the data has to be in the right sequence, otherwise the system won't understand what's going on...

        Originally posted by AndreaBhs View Post
        it is a very important thing to know, otherwise is useless to have access to level 2.
        Indeed, this is an issue that they should tackle as a PRIORITY.. but, it doesn't seem like they did, or will.

        Originally posted by AndreaBhs View Post
        How can I resolve this ?
        My possibilities can't modify the configuration of this 2 methods(OnMarketData and OnMarketDepth). So I can't do anything at all.
        Just wait or find another platform, because we are in 2019 and Level 2 is no joke, it has been used for a while now, and NinjaTrader is failing at providing this paramount feature.
        Last edited by Fernand0; 03-20-2019, 06:22 AM.

        Comment


          #19
          Hello AndreaBhs,
          Welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

          This is a threading limitation, and there are not any updates on this item at this time. I will go ahead and have a vote added to Fernand0's feature request on your behalf. We're taking all of the feedback provided regarding this change into consideration, however, there is no timeline on when or if this will be changed.
          Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_JoshG View Post
            Hello AndreaBhs,
            Welcome to the NinjaTrader forum.

            This is a threading limitation, and there are not any updates on this item at this time. I will go ahead and have a vote added to Fernand0's feature request on your behalf. We're taking all of the feedback provided regarding this change into consideration, however, there is no timeline on when or if this will be changed.
            Sorry Josh, but it's not good enough. This is not about "feedbacks" or "votes". This is a SERIOUS problem that other platforms don't have because they are aware of its importance.
            And while this has to be fixed, I see how NT Devs are more interested in releasing indicators to be bought........

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Fernand0 View Post

              AndreaBhs

              No, sorry, OnMarketData keeps RECEIVING the data on time(sometimes), BUT there are a lot of cases where it's DELIVERED late.
              That discrepancy between the time of the event when it occurs and the time when you get the data shows that the sequence of events is not trustworthy.

              You can try with Simulated Data Feed, you won't find this problem, but as the name says, it's a simulation.

              The worst problem of this is for example when you want to use a RNN(Recurrent Neural Network), the data has to be in the right sequence, otherwise the system won't understand what's going on...


              Indeed, this is an issue that they should tackle as a PRIORITY.. but, it doesn't seem like they did, or will.


              My possibilities can't modify the configuration of this 2 methods(OnMarketData and OnMarketDepth). So I can't do anything at all.
              Just wait or find another platform, because we are in 2019 and Level 2 is no joke, it has been used for a while now, and NinjaTrader is failing at providing this paramount feature.
              Dear Fernand, thank you very much for your reply.
              I like Ninjatrader and Ninjascript, but this is not a little limitation.


              Hi Josh, I programmed in Ninjasript for a few months and it is one of the first things I noticed, no one else has requested this updates of OnMarketData method?

              thank you, regards




              Comment


                #22
                AndreaBhs,

                These are two separate threads and are not guaranteed to be updated synchronously. There is not a lot of demand for this item but we are tracking all feedback for a potential change in the future.

                Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.
                Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                Comment


                  #23
                  Dear Josh,

                  I want to clarify a question about OnMarketData method.

                  I know that (
                  e.MarketDataType == Data.MarketDataType.Last) will trigger when last trade occurs.
                  While, before last trade occurs,
                  (e.MarketDataType ==
                  Data.MarketDataType.Bid) and (
                  e.MarketDataType ==
                  Data.MarketDataType.Ask) can change many times.

                  With the OnMarketData method we can have accesso only to level 1 of the book.
                  Are
                  Data.MarketDataType.Bid and Data.MarketDataType.Ask
                  perfectly in sync with the trades event that occurs only for this level?
                  is it correct what I understood ?

                  thank you, best regards

                  AndreaBhs

                  Comment


                    #24
                    AndreaBhs,

                    Are Data.MarketDataType.Bid and Data.MarketDataType.Ask perfectly in sync with the trades event that occurs only for this level?
                    That is correct.
                    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Dear Josh,

                      So, about this question:

                      "
                      There are 100 contracts(ES) that disappear, ok, what happened? 100 contracts were hitted or a big player removed 100 contracts?"

                      i'm able to check this for the first level of book ? or are there problems also in this case ?

                      thank you, best regards.
                      AndreaBhs




                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by AndreaBhs View Post
                        Dear Josh,

                        So, about this question:

                        "
                        There are 100 contracts(ES) that disappear, ok, what happened? 100 contracts were hitted or a big player removed 100 contracts?"

                        i'm able to check this for the first level of book ? or are there problems also in this case ?

                        thank you, best regards.
                        AndreaBhs




                        You don't have the property MarketDepthEventArgs.Operation in Level 1.. so you can't. You can only know HOW MUCH the volume of Level 1 changed, but not WHY.

                        Comment

                        Latest Posts

                        Collapse

                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by Nat11, Today, 04:30 AM
                        1 response
                        12 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Started by Option Whisperer, Yesterday, 11:50 AM
                        2 responses
                        10 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Option Whisperer  
                        Started by TraderJim618, Yesterday, 01:20 PM
                        1 response
                        6 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                        Started by drpapp, 01-24-2019, 06:57 AM
                        6 responses
                        74 views
                        1 like
                        Last Post brucerobinson  
                        Started by ttodua, 12-06-2019, 11:40 PM
                        1 response
                        13 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                        Working...
                        X