• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

data Import/Export mismatch of hours

what am I doing wrong?

have two computers. both with the same TimeZone UTC+2
    have the same version of NT8 on both.
    I export from one and import data to the other. (import with UTC+2 set)
    and I get 2 hours gap in the data ?

seams that I can play with the TimeZone setting while importing. But why do I have to ? whats wrong ?

Please clarify - are you reporting that this issue does not occur if you use a different time zone to export/import? UTC+0 for example? Or does it happen on any time zone?

Comment

didnt exactly try with other time zones. I just exported in UTC+2 and imported as UTC+2 expected to get UTC+2. but I got 2 hours difference.
      more over,
      and I hope you will be patient with me as I intend to ask some more question along the way, while trying to recreate a TICK database I have. (I wish I could download the DAX tick historical data from somewhere without getting a mortgage)I get really weird stuff doing these exports and imports.

allow me to ask : have one date 24/3/2017 as problematic. I export to txt file and look inside I get 3 hours difference (instead of 09:00 it starts at 06:00). the computer is UTC+2. I see in the historical data table in NT from 09:00 till 23:00. WHAT does the program look at when it exports? WHY it is -3h ? I know that the FDAX instrument is EurexFutures trading hours. and by looking at it is shows UTC+1 tome zone. SO ?? what is the NT doing with all this information. because the end result is confusing
      in addition, even after I manage to import playing with the timezone setting.(in this case using UTC ?!?!?) the chart starts from 10:00 and not 09:00 like every other day !!!. crazy. in the DB I see data from 09:00 but in the chart its from 10:00.
      Last edited by dadarara; 10-15-2018, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Here is a quote from the exporting section of the help guide:

"The historical data is exported with End of Bar time stamps to the chosen folder as a text file in the same format specified in the "Understanding import file and data formats" section of the Importing page. The exported data will be in the UTC time zone."

And a note from the importing page:

"Select the time zone of the data you are importing (not the time zone you are importing to as all imported data will always be converted to local PC time). If you are importing data exported from NinjaTrader then this should be left as UTC because NinjaTrader exports are always done in the UTC time zone."

So, the issue is occurring because you're importing it and choosing UTC+2 when that is not the time zone of the data (UTC is).

When you view data within the platform, it has been converted to the NinjaTrader time zone (set within Tools > Options). The raw exported data would have UTC time stamps.

Comment

ok will follow this logic.
          though what about this 09:00 hour not showing allthough it is in the DB and all other days before and after do show it ?

Comment

Please provide a screenshot(s) showing that the data exists in the database but does not display properly? Keep in mind that NinjaTrader's bars are built with the closing time stamp. Does this explain the discrepancy?

Comment

here is the screenshot where you see the TICK chart starting with 10:00 but the data exists in the DB for 09:00. all other days start from 9:00 but this one..

Comment

Does the issue persist if you change your chart's trading hours template to 'Default 24/7'? Right-click on your chart > Data series... > Trading hours.

Could you attach an exported data file of this data?

Comment

No. in 24/7 it shows the 09:00 data. but than again, on other days I see 09:00 without setting the 24/7. seams like only this day is different.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I am suspicious of the FDAX trading hours template "Eurex Equities Index Futures" perhaps having a holiday hours template for that day in your system. Can you reset your instruments and also update your trading hour templates and let me know if the issue persists?
                    • Control Center > Tools > Database Management
                    • In the 'Update instruments' section, ensure 'General properties', 'Futures expiries', and 'Symbol mappings' are all enabled then click "Update"
                    • Expand the "Update trading hour templates" section, ensure 'Predefined trading hour templates' is enabled then click "Update"
                    • Shut down NinjaTrader
                    • Open a Windows file explorer and navigate to Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > db folder
                    • Delete the sub-folder 'cache' within the db folder
                    • Restart NinjaTrader and test.

Comment

will do though probably tomorrow. thanks

Comment

did what you have instructed
                        no change
                        it is strange indeed. I would really like to solve this. and maybe help finding either a bug or find something that I am not doing correctly. though I am not doing much

something related to data :
                        I just had a crash of my system. after I restarted everything, I am missing a few minutes of TICK data.​​ even after I reconnect to the data stream and historical data server I dotn get the data. If I delete the whole day and reload it. than it works. Why it is not updating the missing time ?​​​​​
                        Last edited by dadarara; 10-16-2018, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may research this further with you via email.
                          • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                          • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                          • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1989004 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post Waxavi
                          by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes