Esignal Data Feed not current on all markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Esignal Data Feed not current on all markets

I just linked my Esignal data feed to NT8. I'm getting some markets to work on live feed but not all markets that I currently pay an exchange fee for in Esignal. Am I missing a setting in my connection?

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. First, please verify the correct version of eSignal is downloaded and setup per our below connection guide.

https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Once this is complete, please reset your instruments, this will ensure that the internal setting for the instruments are up-to-date with server specifications: To reset your instruments please follow the steps below.

1. First, disconnect from any data providers by navigating to the Control Center > Connections menu, and left-click on “disconnect” that appears to the right when hovering your mouse over any active connection
    2. Next, reset your instruments by navigating to the Control Center > Tools > Database Management
    3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update
    4. Lastly, restart NinjaTrader for the changes to occur

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have version 12.8, which is the latest version. Is that what my problem is? Too new of Esignal version??

Comment

Hello,

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com] with log and trace files attached. The easiest way to do this is to go to Help>email support and ensure log and trace files are checked in the box.

Link this forum page in the email please.

Also, please include which contract and expirations are not loading properly.

Thanks in advance-
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 11-23-2017, 09:06 AM.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello,

I was doing some work on trying to determine a solution while waiting for your reply. I found a glitch in regards to your instruction #3 above. [I]3. In the Database Management window, under the “Update instruments” section, ensure that “General properties”, "Futures expiries" and “Symbol mappings” options are checked and then click Update[

When I go into the General properties, my "futures expires" wasn't checked. I check that box, hit update & close the window but when I come back to look at it, the box is still unchecked. It won't stay checked. I've attached 3 pictures to support my changes.

Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

'Futures expiries' being disabled by default within Tools > Database Management is expected. This should only be enabled when recommended by a NinjaTrader Support Technician, or if you're purposefully trying to reset all futures expiries to default settings.

Comment

Erik B, below in this thread, told me to check that box. But it won't stay checked & I'm still not pulling data on all symbols from E Signal feed.

Comment

It is expected that this would not remain checked once the Database Management window is closed. If you enabled it initially then selected "Update', you followed the instructions correctly.

Ryan instructed you to write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com for further troubleshooting. If you have not done so, please do so. If you have written in, please respond to the emails we've sent you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DJ888
                by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view