Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing data after switching to IB

Hello,

I just switched NinjaTrader to use a new Interactive Brokers connection this morning. I am able to see my IB account balance and the live data seems to be working correctly, but I am having some data issues.

First is that the L2 data is incomplete. Please see the attached picture, many of the levels of the price ladder are missing. The black window is from IB's Trader Workstation. The NT SuperDom is beneath.

Second, is that I can not get any charts to load historical data using any chart other than Minute based charts with Tick replay disabled. Is that expected? They didn't tell me that before I switched to them...

Hello NickyD,

Historical tick data is not supported with Interactive Brokers.

Below is a public link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on Data by provider which shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

With the Level 2 data, may I confirm you are using TWS 960.2g?
    If you close all open workspaces, and in a new blank workspace open a single SuperDOM window with no indicators, does the behavior persist?

Try clearing the cache.
    • Close NinjaTrader
    • Open (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache\
    • Delete all files within this folder
    • Restart NinjaTrader
    • Connect
    After clearing the cache again test a single SuperDOM in a new workspace with all other workspaces closed.
    Are you still able to reproduce the behavior?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am using:

Trader Workstation
      Build 973.2k, Oct 9, 2018 11:39:46 AM

It is still occurring after all steps you requested.

When I open a fresh SuperDom, the price ladder is populated entirely, but then as the updates start to flow in, that's when the missing prices start to appear.

Can I still access Continuum as a life time license holder instead of IB's data?

Comment

Hello NickyD,

Below is a public link to the connection guide for Trader Workstation where you can download the supported version.
        https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Please let me know if you are also able to reproduce using the supported version.

Is your license a single broker license or a multi-broker license.

If you want to change your license type for a single broker license please contact platformsales [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 10-15-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

When will historic tick data of IB be supported? I just purchased a lifetime license just to find out that this is currently not supported.
          I'm quite dissapointed to say the least...

Comment

Hello HermanB,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader Forums!

The historical data available for each connection type is listed in the help guide.

Below is a link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on Data by provider which shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

Also here is a link to a list of the currently supported brokers with the NinjaTrader Platform.
            NinjaTrader provides online access to the futures, forex and equities markets through online brokers including NinjaTrader Brokerage.

We have received requests for NinjaTrader to receive historical tick data from Interactive Brokers and I will be submitted your vote on this.

There is no guarantee and no estimated time that this request will be implemented.

Comment

It's obvious a lot of people want this. So it would be great if it will be supported.
              When you buy a license for IB, at least warn people that tick data doesn't work for now.

Comment

Hello HermanB,

I've received tracking ID# SFT-2837 for this request to support historical tick data with Interactive Brokers.

Please note it is up to the NinjaTrader Development to decide if or when any request will be implemented.

We appreciate your feedback on this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Kaledus
                by Kaledus

Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM