X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message: Could not load file or assembly 'Npgsql'

Hi,

I tried to add an indicator an received the following error message:
    Indicator 'CumulativeDeltaTick': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 0: Could not load file or assembly 'Npgsql, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=5d8b90d52f46fda7' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

I am writing because I am having problems with file npgsql.dll. As a matter of fact, it was already working, but I had other error related to incompatibility with OneDrive. So, I uninstalled OneDrive. Then NinjaTrader stopped working. The solution I found was reinstalling a brand new version of NinjaTrader. The error related to OneDrive vanished. But now I just can't load the assembly 'Npgsql'.

I tried to download npgsql.dll from different sites and also tried to build it in Visual Studio. None of the versions worked. Some of them not even compiled, other gave different error messages.

Am I missing something? Should I download npgsql.dll from the internet or build it in Visual Studio? I think I might be having compatibility issues. What should be the proper version of npgsql.dll I should use?

Thank you very much.

Yours,
    Claudio

Hello ccbiasi, thank you for posting to our forum.

Are you receiving any compile errors? You may check this by navigating the Control > New > NinjaScript Editor. Once the NinjaScript Editor appears, right-click and select "Compile". If there are errors, you'll see them report towards the bottom.

If you see errors report, then likely it's because the DLL is missing. Please attach a screenshot expanding the error column so that I may look into this further.

Screenshot instructions: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-wa...ng-built-tools

If you don't receive compile errors, I would advise that you troubleshoot by re-importing the add-on (Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on).

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RileyS View Post
      Hello ccbiasi, thank you for posting to our forum.

Are you receiving any compile errors? You may check this by navigating the Control > New > NinjaScript Editor. Once the NinjaScript Editor appears, right-click and select "Compile". If there are errors, you'll see them report towards the bottom.

If you see errors report, then likely it's because the DLL is missing. Please attach a screenshot expanding the error column so that I may look into this further.

Screenshot instructions: https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-wa...ng-built-tools

If you don't receive compile errors, I would advise that you troubleshoot by re-importing the add-on (Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on).

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      I found in the internet that the file npgsql.dll should be inside the bin folder inside the folder Postgres. But I installed Postgres in my machine and couldn't find any npgsql.dll inside the bin folder... How come? Is it necessary that the Postgres version be compatible with NinjaTrader?

Yours,
      Claudio
      Last edited by ccbiasi; 11-27-2017, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply,

I checked with a member of our NinjaScript team and at this time are unsure at this time if Postgres is causing the error.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files, the .zip for the indicator and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        We look forward to assisting further.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
          Thank you for your reply,

I checked with a member of our NinjaScript team and at this time are unsure at this time if Postgres is causing the error.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files, the .zip for the indicator and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.

* Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
          * Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
          * Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
          * Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
          We look forward to assisting further.
          I don't know if I am on the right track, but I found out there is a program called Dependency Walker (dependencywalker.com/) that tests a dll and verifies if all its dependencies can be found. The first step would be finding a dll that has no dependency problems.

Then, as I stated below, there might be a compatibility issue. I don't know which version would be compatible with NinjaTrader 8.

I guess I should be able to generate the dll myself. I tried installing the NuGet Package. However, still the generated dll (well, in truth all the 5 generated dll) do not work.

I really don't know what to do anymore. Randomly testing dozens of versions of npgsql.dll in the hope that one will work is very exhaustive and meaningless.

Could you suggest the right way to obtain a npgsql.dll that would work, that would be compatible with NinjaTrader 8 and would have no dependency problems?

Thanks,
          Claudio

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
          47 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post aligator  
          Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
          0 responses