Unable to import Bitcoin Historical Data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to import Bitcoin Historical Data

CME already has provision for some BitCoin historical data and NT8 also already has BitCoin (BTC - Futures) instrument in the Instruments List. So, I attempted to import the attached Historical data but NT8 did not import the data. The error message is "0 data record(s) successfully imported"; and error in Log is as follows;

Time: 11/23/2017 5:10:46 AM

Category: Default

Message: Unable to import file 'brr-historical-data.txt'. Instrument is not supported by repository.

Could you please have a look at this challenge I'm having, by importing the historical data at your end.

Regards.

Omololu

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChristopherD View Post
    Hello brucelevy,

Thank you for your post.

When the CME Group releases information about the symbol for bitcoin futures, it will be possible to map this symbol within NinjaTrader from a supported data provider.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Attached Files

There are two 'Bitcoin' futures instruments currently configured within the NinjaTrader 8 database - 'BTC' and 'XBT'.

Importing historical data requires very precise file naming and format. The file you've attached is not named correctly nor does it contain appropriately formatted historical data for import into NinjaTrader.

Please follow the guidelines in the Help Guide for importing historical data successfully:

Comment

Thanks. I got another historical data that conforms with NT format (although, it dates back to 2011 - 2014), and I got it successfully imported into NT8. I was also able to chart it, by adjusting the Data Series "End Date" to align with the old dates.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by proptrade13, Today, 11:06 AM
      1 response
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton