Ninja Trader 8 Troubleshoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninja Trader 8 Troubleshoot

Hello, New to Ninja Trader 8 watched videos and read the manual but I still can't figure how to download data from years back I can only download one month back for back testing. Also, for forex charts I only see a few Charts there is supposed to be more. Another thing I noticed is that the 4hr chart is missing, NT8 don't include the 4hr chart? I have opened a live brokerage account with Forex.com and I have successfully connected to NT 8.

Hello,
    Thank you for posting.

The forex pairs you are seeing are only the forex pairs that are in the default forex instrument list. You can manually type any pair you want into this window and press enter to load other pairs.

If you'd like to add pairs to the forex instrument list, go to Tools>Instrument lists and select the forex instrument list, then click 'add' in the right hand menu to add pairs.

Additionally, you can add a 4hr time frame to your chart by clicking on the interval drop down menu on your chart and selecting 'configure'. From this screen you can add a 240 minute interval.

As for the historical forex data, are you looking to use market replay or backtest an automated strategy in the strategy analyzer?

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I plan on using the Historical Forex Data for both the Market Replay and Automated Strategy in the Strategy Analyzer

Comment

Hello,
        Thanks for the reply.

The strategy analyzer will automatically download the required data from our historical data server to run your back tests on.

I have provided a link below to our YouTube video that provides a brief overview of downloading Market Replay data, connecting to the Playback Connection, and replaying data:
        To use the Playback Connection you will first need to have data for Market Replay.

To download replay data:
        • Select the Tools menu in the Control Center, select the menu item Historical Data and select "Load" tab. Here the section "Get Market Replay data" can be expanded.
        • Select the instrument and date of the desired replay data and press the OK button to begin the download.

Please see the following help guide page for more information:

Notes:
        • Record for market replay must be disabled from the Data tab of the Options menu before downloading replay data.
        • NOT available when connected to the Playback connection.

To start playback, first disconnect from any other connections. Connect to the Playback Connection by going to Connections > Playback Connection.

Select the time frame for the Market Replay Data you would like to view. NinjaTrader windows will only display data for instruments and times you have data available.

You can check what data you have available by right clicking on the Playback Connect controls and selecting 'Available data'. Data will only be displayed within the selected time frame.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over Market Replay.
        Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.

Comment

I want to be able to download data from years past put it on the chart and back test using bar to bar no tick movement just from bar to bar until the current price.

Comment

Hello,

When back-testing using the strategy analyzer, data will be used for as far back as your historical data provider supports data. If you require additional historical data, this will have to be imported from a 3rd party source of your choosing.

All of the historical data can be loaded to a chart with the same limitations applying.

Below is a guide for importing more historical data if needed:

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
            47 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aligator  
            Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes