• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

NT8 Version 16 Installation Issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    NT8 Version 16 Installation Issue

    Dear Support,

    I just installed NT8 version 16 using the normal process as in the past. It did not load any of my custom indicators, templates, etc. Installed with an errors similar to:

    "Failed to restore Indicator 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.ToolBarClock'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

    and reverted back to main platform defaults.

    Please note that my custom indicators were in the following NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators.MyIndicators sub-folder. Obviously could not find custom sub-folders, i.e. LizardIndicators, etc.
    Has the implementation of Version 16 changed? Help?

    Thanks

    #2
    We have not experienced any issues with updates to 8.0.16.0 so far. Please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may assist you with what you're experiencing.
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
      We have not experienced any issues with updates to 8.0.16.0 so far. Please contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may assist you with what you're experiencing.
      Hi Patrick,

      Thanks. I resolved the issue.

      I have a custom indicator that references Version 15 script for Ninja Drawing Tools RegionHilghlightX and RegionHilghlightY. The default script for these tools has been changed in NT8 Version 16. Therefore, because of the default script change in one custom indicator none of my other custom indicators, add-ons, etc. would compile, thus none would show on indicator list and sub-folders.

      I made the change for the new drawing tools script and everything is fine now.

      IMPORTANT
      Previously, I have uploaded this particular indicator, mahToolBar3 to NT Download area. It has been downloaded over 1500 times before the restructure of the forum looks. I assume all those people will have the same issue with this indicator when upgrade to NT8.16.

      To help the issue I need to re-upload a corrected version to download area, but obviously that is not possible until your migration is complete.

      Meanwhile, one can edit the mahToolBar3 indicator by simply replacing the"DrawRegionHilighting" with DrawRegionHighLlightX and "DrawRegionHighLlightY" in the following two lines and compile:

      Code:
                      btnHx = new System.Windows.Controls.Button { Content = NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.Icons.DrawRegionHilighting, };
      
                      btnHy = new System.Windows.Controls.Button { Content = NinjaTrader.Gui.Tools.Icons.DrawRegionHilighting, };
      That should resolve the issue.


      I will upload a new version once the forum Custom area becomes available.

      Thanks again
      Last edited by aligator; 10-16-2018, 12:41 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        Hi, I also discovered another issue after upgrading.

        1. If you previously installed the Vortex indicator, downloaded from this forum I think, you will get an error message after installing 16.0. You won't be able to compile your Ninjascript after the upgrade because it says that the Vortex indicator already exists. I didn't know how to fix it so I basically had to downgrade to 15.1 and then remove the Vortex indicator and then upgrade.

        Comment


          #5
          alligator, thanks for reporting this. This occurred due to new icons included with the platform in this release.

          PN720, we made many additions to the platform in 8.0.16.0. This would be expected for any NinjaScript (from these forums or elsewhere) which has the same name as something we may have recently added in the new version. Can you locate the 'Vortex' file you're referring to? Please review the release notes to see if the name of your add-on matches a new tool.
          Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #6
            Aligator,

            We did update icons for Draw Region X and Draw Region Y drawing tools but unfortunately removed the reference to the existing drawing tool icon, which resulted in this code breaking change. This was unintended and we will immediately resolve this in 16.1 which we will release tomorrow AM. Thanks for reporting this.
            BrettNinjaTrader Product Management

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
              Aligator,

              We did update icons for Draw Region X and Draw Region Y drawing tools but unfortunately removed the reference to the existing drawing tool icon, which resulted in this code breaking change. This was unintended and we will immediately resolve this in 16.1 which we will release tomorrow AM. Thanks for reporting this.
              Thanks Brett,

              Now I have to revert back to my old code, but that is OK, saves headache for others.

              Perhaps, now that you are at it, you may want to consider adding new Icons for those items without an icon under the Draw Tools menu.

              (i.e., icons for Snap Mode sub-menu Items, Stay In Draw Mode, and Drawing Objects and its sub-menu items).

              These icons would make it really easy to program custom scripts for 1-click implementation by a button.

              Thanks.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                alligator, thanks for reporting this. This occurred due to new icons included with the platform in this release.

                PN720, we made many additions to the platform in 8.0.16.0. This would be expected for any NinjaScript (from these forums or elsewhere) which has the same name as something we may have recently added in the new version. Can you locate the 'Vortex' file you're referring to? Please review the release notes to see if the name of your add-on matches a new tool.
                Hi Patrick,

                Here's the post that has the link to the original Vortex indicator.

                https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...cator-for-njt8

                Comment


                  #9
                  Like the updates in NT 16 but my Ninza Quick Draw Sidebar on the left side of my chart does not work now. Is there a way to take the drawing tools, at the top, and put the bar down the left side of my chart? Makes it so much easier to use those tools.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by rafleischman View Post
                    Like the updates in NT 16 but my Ninza Quick Draw Sidebar on the left side of my chart does not work now. Is there a way to take the drawing tools, at the top, and put the bar down the left side of my chart? Makes it so much easier to use those tools.
                    Hi,

                    You can download mahToolBar3. It installs in main menu with all drawing tools individually selectable.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Ideally, just making the NT drawing tools drop-down movable so you could place the bar wherever you would like it rather than getting an add-on.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by PN720 View Post

                        Hi Patrick,

                        Here's the post that has the link to the original Vortex indicator.

                        https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...cator-for-njt8
                        I've attached the file itself for reference. I can confirm that this does not successfully import into 8.0.16.0 because we implemented the vortex indicator by default in this version.

                        Originally posted by rafleischman View Post
                        Ideally, just making the NT drawing tools drop-down movable so you could place the bar wherever you would like it rather than getting an add-on.

                        The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3588. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

                        When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

                        http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-19-2018, 08:38 AM.
                        Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

                        Comment

                        Latest Posts

                        Collapse

                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by hir04068, Today, 06:58 AM
                        0 responses
                        4 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post hir04068  
                        Started by escobar63, Yesterday, 05:06 PM
                        1 response
                        11 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_PaulH  
                        Started by Brutus, Today, 06:00 AM
                        1 response
                        4 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
                        Started by phesi, Today, 03:36 AM
                        2 responses
                        8 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post phesi
                        by phesi
                         
                        Started by Guru73, Today, 01:35 AM
                        1 response
                        9 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Marco  
                        Working...
                        X