• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to find out what the Chart Template is used by the current chart

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to find out what the Chart Template is used by the current chart

    Hi and thank you for your support. Is it possible to know the current chart's template?

    For instance, I would like to add a new chart and I want it to be looked like the current chart, but I don't remember how current chart's template is called among other templates. I didn't find any mention of template name in Properties of the current chart.

    #2
    Hello alexstox,

    Thank you for your post.

    Glad to assist. Unfortunately no, there is not a method to view the current template that has been set. I will, however, forward a note to our development team so interest in this feature is tracked for future consideration.

    Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

    Comment


      #3
      The ID for this request is SFT-205. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).


      Let us know if we may assist further.

      Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello alexstox,

      Thank you for your post.

      Glad to assist. Unfortunately no, there is not a method to view the current template that has been set. I will, however, forward a note to our development team so interest in this feature is tracked for future consideration.

      Let us know if we may assist further.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

      Comment


        #4
        I vote for this too

        Comment


          #5
          I've added your vote, TraderYoda
          Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

          Comment


            #6
            If memory serves me well, which increasingly it doesn't, this debate. discussion or whatever goes back to when Jesus was still in short trousers, or at least pre NT7, and the interest and debate was extensive.
            The stance taken was that because once a template has been applied, changes to the chart may be made - indicators added removed etc - and thus in that situation it would be incorrect to 'say' that what you were seeing was 'the template that was applied at the time of creating the chart'.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by alexstox View Post
              Hi and thank you for your support. Is it possible to know the current chart's template?

              For instance, I would like to add a new chart and I want it to be looked like the current chart, but I don't remember how current chart's template is called among other templates. I didn't find any mention of template name in Properties of the current chart.
              Hi,

              Until Ninja comes up with a solution, a quick fix is to add a simple indicator that will print your template name in the upper corner of the chart.

              Use the attached indicator on your chart, then under the indicator parameters list change the label name to whatever name you like. Then save the chart template with your template name. Simple!

              Also posted under the File Sharing section.

              Cheers!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by aligator; 10-17-2018, 11:25 AM.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
                If memory serves me well, which increasingly it doesn't, this debate. discussion or whatever goes back to when Jesus was still in short trousers, or at least pre NT7, and the interest and debate was extensive.
                The stance taken was that because once a template has been applied, changes to the chart may be made - indicators added removed etc - and thus in that situation it would be incorrect to 'say' that what you were seeing was 'the template that was applied at the time of creating the chart'.
                R&D should think about this They may add something like "changed" to the template name in the case you've added something to genuine template. So, you will be forced to save as new or just rewrite the existed template.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by aligator View Post

                  Hi,

                  Until Ninja comes up with a solution, a quick fix is to add a simple indicator that will print your template name in the upper corner of the chart.

                  Use the attached indicator on your chart, then under the indicator parameters list change the label name to whatever name you like. Then save the chart template with your template name. Simple!

                  Also posted under the File Sharing section.

                  Cheers!
                  anyone who might update this chart label indicator to the latest nt8? thank you!

                  Comment

                  Latest Posts

                  Collapse

                  Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by rickyblah12, Today, 09:17 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rickyblah12  
                  Started by rickyblah12, Today, 08:27 PM
                  0 responses
                  3 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post rickyblah12  
                  Started by giogio1, Today, 06:55 PM
                  0 responses
                  3 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post giogio1
                  by giogio1
                   
                  Started by priceisking, Today, 06:39 PM
                  0 responses
                  2 views
                  0 likes
                  Last Post priceisking  
                  Started by vivekniwas, Today, 05:59 PM
                  0 responses
                  1 view
                  0 likes
                  Last Post vivekniwas  
                  Working...
                  X