How to find out what the Chart Template is used by the current chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to find out what the Chart Template is used by the current chart

Hi and thank you for your support. Is it possible to know the current chart's template?

For instance, I would like to add a new chart and I want it to be looked like the current chart, but I don't remember how current chart's template is called among other templates. I didn't find any mention of template name in Properties of the current chart.

Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Unfortunately no, there is not a method to view the current template that has been set. I will, however, forward a note to our development team so interest in this feature is tracked for future consideration.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The ID for this request is SFT-205. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_EricB View Post
      Hello alexstox,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Unfortunately no, there is not a method to view the current template that has been set. I will, however, forward a note to our development team so interest in this feature is tracked for future consideration.

Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I vote for this too

Comment

I've added your vote, TraderYoda

Comment

If memory serves me well, which increasingly it doesn't, this debate. discussion or whatever goes back to when Jesus was still in short trousers, or at least pre NT7, and the interest and debate was extensive.
            The stance taken was that because once a template has been applied, changes to the chart may be made - indicators added removed etc - and thus in that situation it would be incorrect to 'say' that what you were seeing was 'the template that was applied at the time of creating the chart'.

Comment

Originally posted by alexstox View Post
              Hi and thank you for your support. Is it possible to know the current chart's template?

For instance, I would like to add a new chart and I want it to be looked like the current chart, but I don't remember how current chart's template is called among other templates. I didn't find any mention of template name in Properties of the current chart.
              Hi,

Until Ninja comes up with a solution, a quick fix is to add a simple indicator that will print your template name in the upper corner of the chart.

Use the attached indicator on your chart, then under the indicator parameters list change the label name to whatever name you like. Then save the chart template with your template name. Simple!

Also posted under the File Sharing section.

Cheers!
              Attached Files
              Last edited by aligator; 10-17-2018, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
                If memory serves me well, which increasingly it doesn't, this debate. discussion or whatever goes back to when Jesus was still in short trousers, or at least pre NT7, and the interest and debate was extensive.
                The stance taken was that because once a template has been applied, changes to the chart may be made - indicators added removed etc - and thus in that situation it would be incorrect to 'say' that what you were seeing was 'the template that was applied at the time of creating the chart'.
                R&D should think about this They may add something like "changed" to the template name in the case you've added something to genuine template. So, you will be forced to save as new or just rewrite the existed template.

Comment

Originally posted by aligator View Post

Hi,

Until Ninja comes up with a solution, a quick fix is to add a simple indicator that will print your template name in the upper corner of the chart.

Use the attached indicator on your chart, then under the indicator parameters list change the label name to whatever name you like. Then save the chart template with your template name. Simple!

Also posted under the File Sharing section.

Cheers!
                  anyone who might update this chart label indicator to the latest nt8? thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Mizzouman1  
                  Started by philmg, Today, 01:17 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChristopherJ