Collapse

NT 8.0.16.0 - lost vital screen space after "fix" 13207

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoshG, the new restriction on minimum chart panel heights in 8.0.16.1 is not a Feature, and it is not an improvement. To restore this lost functionality is not a Feature Request, it is the restoration of lost functionality. Sometimes well intended changes have unintended consequences and negative impacts on product usability, and this is one of those cases, and the change needs to be reversed ASAP. I've used NT for years with chart panels minimized to tiny strips of background colors, and sometimes to zero height (hidden), and I have never once experienced the problem that someone deemed necessary to "fix" as Issue 13207 describes ("Panels heights on charts could be minimized all the way down, preventing ability to properly adjust the panel"). I've never been unable to properly adjust a chart panel minimized to any height. It is only now, due to the newly imposed panel height restriction in 8.0.16, that I cannot properly adjust the panel. So, the upgrade from 8.0.15 to 8.0.16 does not work for me. Please treat the reversal of Issue 13207 changes with the urgency of a critical fix, which it is now for those who have for many years relied on minimum height or hidden chart panels in their workspaces.
    Last edited by Lancer; 10-20-2018, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
      JoshG, the new restriction on minimum chart panel heights in 8.0.16.1 is not a Feature, and it is not an improvement. To restore this lost functionality is not a Feature Request, it is the restoration of lost functionality. Sometimes well intended changes have unintended consequences and negative impacts on product usability, and this is one of those cases, and the change needs to be reversed ASAP. I've used NT for years with chart panels minimized to tiny strips of background colors, and sometimes to zero height (hidden), and I have never once experienced the problem that someone deemed necessary to "fix" as Issue 13207 describes ("Panels heights on charts could be minimized all the way down, preventing ability to properly adjust the panel"). I've never been unable to properly adjust a chart panel minimized to any height. It is only now, due to the newly imposed panel height restriction in 8.0.16, that I cannot properly adjust the panel. So, the upgrade from 8.0.15 to 8.0.16 does not work for me. Please treat the reversal of Issue 13207 changes with the urgency of a critical fix, which it is now for those who have for many years relied on minimum height or hidden chart panels in their workspaces.
      This is very well put.......I agree 100% "To restore this lost functionality is not a Feature Request, it is the restoration of lost functionality."

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer View Post
        , and I have never once experienced the problem that someone deemed necessary to "fix" as Issue 13207 describes ("Panels heights on charts could be minimized all the way down, preventing ability to properly adjust the panel"). I've never been unable to properly adjust a chart panel minimized to any height. It is only now, due to the newly imposed panel height restriction in 8.0.16, that I cannot properly adjust the panel. So, the upgrade from 8.0.15 to 8.0.16 does not work for me. Please treat the reversal of Issue 13207 changes with the urgency of a critical fix, which it is now for those who have for many years relied on minimum height or hidden chart panels in their workspaces.
        I agree. This was working and it wasn't something you couldn't get out of.

Who ever suggested fixing it or took it upon themselves to fix it, SMH.

I'll have to find the early beta screenshots that showed its been working since for a long time.

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for your comments on this item. We have forwarded your notes to development.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist.
          Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 10-25-2018, 08:05 AM.
          Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Restoration of lost chart functionality caused by a recent "fix" is not a Feature Request. What we had in chart function was the Feature. Unfortunately NT developers did not understand how it was used. Restoration of lost functionality so significantly impacting workspaces and chart function should be considered a critical fix, not something on the normal feature request track. We are not voting for a Feature Request. We are telling you that a mistake has been made and it needs to be corrected.

Comment

We are not voting for a Feature Request. We are telling you that a mistake has been made and it needs to be corrected.
              Thank you for clarifying on this item.
              Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 10-25-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Hello Josh,
                it is vital to be able to hide data series used only for calculations so please add my vote.
                By the way I agree 100% "To restore this lost functionality is not a Feature Request, it is the restoration of lost functionality."

Comment

Hello aerofly,

Thanks, vote added.

Comment

Josh, you say "but all I can do is report it to the development team". Does this mean you are reporting this issue the same way that you would report hundreds of other "feature requests" OR are you actually highlighting to the development team that this is NOT a usual feature request but rather a mistake that has resulted in lost functionality and it needs to be corrected ASAP as its affecting numerous users! Appreciate your assistance with this issue.

Comment

Thank you for your clarification on this matter. We will make sure the proper teams are made aware of this behavior since the recent update.
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 10-25-2018, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Thanks Josh. Reassuring to know they looking into the issue. Appreciate your assistance

Comment

Usually there is a regular-track and a fast-track in the process of product improvement and issue resolution. Urgent and high-importance items get routed to fast-track. I think everyone is expressing that this is a fast-track item and not one to queue as a standard Feature Request in the regular-track. Good to hear that the development team is already looking at it. Thanks!

Comment

These are requests from traders that have knowledge of ninja usage. I for 1 wanted upgrade beause it has an upgrade for my cci indicator. i use ninja auto trader and being not able to change ATM effects some algo's i run.

Comment

Lancer, we're taking all of the feedback provided regarding this change into consideration, however, there is no timeline on when or if this will be changed. At it's core, 13207 resolved an underlying issue which made it impossible or improbable that you could manipulate a panel as expected after it had been set to minimum size. It is unlikely that we would revert that change because it fixes a fundamental issue with how chart panel sizing worked.

For those of you affected by this change in a negative way, please contact us directly via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we can remote in, take a look at your setup and see if we can find a solution for you or at least understand your specific use of this function which could provide better insight for the Development Team to further improve the platform. Make sure to include a link to this thread and also '1990841 ATTN Patrick G'.

Comment

PatrickG, As everyone said above, we've all used NT for years with chart panels minimized to zero height (hidden panels) or minimized to small strips of background colors or other plots. Nobody has ever once experienced the problem that Issue #13207 describes ("Panels heights on charts could be minimized all the way down, preventing ability to properly adjust the panel"). We've never been unable to properly adjust a chart panel minimized to any height. Adjustment was not impossible or improbable. Far from it, as we do those adjustments every day without any issue whatsoever. It's the #13207 "fix" in 8.0.16 that now prevents proper adjustment of the chart panel because panels can't be minimized to hidden or small strips anymore. The limitless minimum chart height adjustability prior to 8.0.16 was a very useful Feature of NT, not a fundamental problem. Absolutely, if the limitless minimum chart panel height functionality is not restored, then 8.0.15.1 is the end of my NT upgrade path.

No remote in here, but I can send screenshots.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Radano, 06-10-2021, 01:40 AM
                                19 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Radano
                                by Radano

Started by KenneGaray, Today, 03:48 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes