Collapse

NT 8.0.16.0 - lost vital screen space after "fix" 13207

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately I don't have enough information to provide any alternative, and I don't think a screenshot would make it any more clear. Thanks for the feedback, your feedback and all others in this thread are being taken into consideration by the Development Team as well as being tracked in SFT-938.

Comment

There is no substitute for the lost ability to reduce a chart panel to any minimum height or zero height (hidden panel), so there is no alternative to offer except to restore that lost capability. What we lost was a positive Feature of NT. It was not a problem needing a fix. I will send a screenshot anyway. It will simply show that the minimum chart panel height that we want and have had in NT versions prior to 8.0.16 is less than the minimum panel height now possible in 8.0.16.

We do not want the excessive minimum height restriction imposed by 8.0.16. If there must be a minimum height restriction, then why not 1 pixel?

Comment

We're currently collecting feedback on this change in R16 to decide if we need to adjust the min-heights further for R17. Right now we set it to be the min-height of the label and the NinjaTrader copyright text to be stacked on top of each other. We already had this min-height applied on the last panel on the chart and we wanted to be consistent with that and apply it to all panels which why we came to the value we applied in R16. We're monitoring for feedback here and may make further changes.

Comment

Brett, thanks for the additional info. The new panel height restriction does need to be readjusted, no question about it. The 13207 change was unnecessary in the first place, an entirely insignificant reason established the particular new large minimum panel dimension, and NT development staff were unaware that the ability to reduce a chart panel to any minimum height or zero height (hidden panel) was a positive Feature relied on by NT users. Now that everyone knows, I'm surprised there is any hesitation about readjustment. I can go no more than 8.0.15.1 until there is a fix.

If the chart panel minimum height functionality cannot be restored to what we had prior to 8.0.16, and if minimum height has to be greater than zero now, then let it be a 1 pixel minimum height. Please don't limit and restrict when you don't have to. Thanks.

Comment

Add me to the list. I use numerous narrow (label text height and less) chart panel strips to display various indicator and market conditions using background color, and I use panels reduced to zero height to hide data series used only for calculations (but still want to see when needed). The new minimum panel height in 8.0.16 is a deal-killer for the upgrade offer. It's 8.0.15.1 max until the 13207 change is reversed. Hope the fix won't take too long.

Comment

I am running 8.0.16.2 but I cannot reduce the indicator panel to zero, minimum height is about 2x the NT Trademark Font. Is this expected behavior or should it go to zero height?

James 108

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	6 chart panels hidden - version 15.png
Views:	227
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	1037635Click image for larger version  Name:	image_51242.png Views:	1 Size:	25.8 KB ID:	1037634
                Hello Support

I just upgraded to 8.0.16.2 after reading release note 13294 - Reduced chart panel minimum height. I don't see any difference? I still can't reduce my chart panels to zero like in version 15? Can you confirm if this has actually been resolved? Appreciate you assistance
                Last edited by TraderYoda; 10-30-2018, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Sorry guys, this change missed the 16.2 release on accident, min height was to be set at 1 pixel. We are updating the 16.2 installer here in about an hour or so to reflect that change correctly. I'll update when you could redownload. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Update: The complete as intended 16.2 is uploaded, if you previously had installed please uninstall and reinstall to get the new 1 pixel min requirement for panels. Thank You.
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brett; 10-30-2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much for resolving this issue! Much appreciated

Comment

Just installed 16.3, and the unrestricted chart panel height adjustment works great. Thank you!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                      0 responses
                      1 view
                      0 likes
                      Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                      Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                      9 responses
                      0 likes