Trade Performance Defaults in 16.0 - a 'heads up'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade Performance Defaults in 16.0 - a 'heads up'

I'm posting this for info for other readers, primarily.
    I installed the release on announcement at the start of my morning (before 16.1).
    I notice that it isn't reporting trades in Trade Performance.
    Eventually I work out that none of the Accounts, Instruments, Templates are checked when clicking the 'Filter' type icon next to the drop-down Menu 'Display'
    I have multiple workspaces open and all are the same.
    So I go through them all and select as required.
    All is well.
    I am certain I have not had to do this with previous updates to 8 over the last year.
    It may be fixed in 16.1, but I'll do that after the Close.
    Hopefully it won't undo all the work of having to select everything in each workspace, and to redo it.
    Hopefully this may save others the frustration, if not the work.
    I don't believe it is operator error as I am sure I have never had to do this before with numerous updates.
    Kind regards

Please clarify - you updated from 15.1 to 16.0? Or are you referring to updating from 16.0 to 16.1?

Additionally, the symptom you're reporting is that everything in the Trade Performance filters had been de-selected?

There were a few items addressing Trade Performance in the release notes. I suspect these changes may have caused the reset.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I updated from 15.1 to 16.0. I'll update to 16.1 later today, it hadn't been released at the time.

Yes.

I suspected that would likely be the case.

Kind regards,
      Bruce

Comment

Having reset all in 16.0 I updated to 16.1 yesterday> This morning I started 16.1. All Filter Settings were missing with the 'global' accounts check box checked, the global instrument check box unchecked and the global templates box checked.
        For any other victims out there - the accounts, instruments and templates 'contents' do not populate until you Generate. Only then do they appear so that you can select them once again. Hopefully this info may help some other poor soul avoid the run-around I'm having.

I won't know whether it was the upgrade from 16.0 to 16.1 that broke everything again as the upgrade from 15.1 to 16.0 did, or whether 16 is not saving the settings and will open again tomorrow with everything missing rendering Trade Performance unusable until changes made and requiring same every day, on 5 workspaces.

I see that despite changes made to Trade Performance in the Release Notes which presumably have caused this breaking of it, Trade Performance ranking by Trade Number in descending order still cannot be made sticky. This is counter-intuitive and against convention. Just like every other table such as Alerts log etc offer, I want to see the most recent trade at the top, so that it is in view automatically. This is how it was, or could be, in NT7. Same problem with the new Forum - I have to scroll down to the bottom out of view last entry to see most recent reply. Not so with old forum. However I appreciate the forum is likely built by someone else. Just not user-friendly.

Sorting Trade Performance by Trade in descending order to be sticky was given a 'Feature Request' for which read bug fix months ago. How difficult can it be?

I wonder if there may be a link between what I'm experiencing/reporting here and https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ose-strategies

We'll see what tomorrow holds. I have my running shoes at the ready.

Kind regards
        Last edited by brucerobinson; 10-18-2018, 01:57 AM.

Comment

For reference, the feature request you're referring to is SFT-624 and is still being tracked by the Development Team. Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
          • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
          • Feasibility
          • Developer bandwidth
          • Current projects in the queue
          • Economics

Comment

Some things are just common sense and the way they should be from the get-go (and as was in 7).
            However there's no doubt common sense can be surprisingly un-common.
            Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
            Started by Irukandji, Today, 04:58 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes