New version = new bugs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version = new bugs...

New version brings some new bugs, but most annoying, the trade performance window. If you leave it open as part of your work space, it no longer works after platform restart (no results are shown for any date). You have to close down the window, open it, then it opens with all the wrong settings, but will work. Previous versions, set for current day (and it auto incremented itself each day), remembered settings, click button, just works. You guys really should test this stuff much, much better...

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your note.

I launch NT, run a trade performance report, apply an instrument filter and supply the end date 1 day ago. Shut down NinjaTrader and relaunch. The end date sticks and the window is functional.

Could you please provide more detail or steps to replicate the issue?

I look forward to your reply.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
      Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your note.

I launch NT, run a trade performance report, apply an instrument filter and supply the end date 1 day ago. Shut down NinjaTrader and relaunch. The end date sticks and the window is functional.

Could you please provide more detail or steps to replicate the issue?

Maybe try with window minimised. For me, every time it has opened (about 5 times since I updated yesterday), it opens showing the current day, but if I click the button, no trades are shown. I then close the window, open it from the 'new' menu again, and it shows me a month or so of trades. I then reset it to today, click the button, and it shows again. I also tend to leave mine on 'analysis' - the graph, in case that makes any difference...

Comment

You might want to collate this with mine here https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...6-0-a-heads-up
        Similar issues. Trade Performance fix has broken everything.
        See stuff on Filters.
        I too leave the TP Window open when closing my workspaces. I have 8 workspaces open. All the start/end dates are incorrect, all the Filter Settings are lost. Blah, blah, blah. My Display is Trades.
        It's looking like another Alertgate scandal. AKA a right royal bugger's muddle.
        Seeing as I updated to 16.0 yesterday then to 16.1 today I;ve had the train wreck twice but was hoping it was only on update and tomorrow all would be rosy in my garden once more. PJSmit's experience seems to suggest not :-(

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Upon a relaunch and reconnect, if you click the filter symbol next to the display button, can you confirm that you have accounts checked? If so and you are still unable to pull trade data on a trade performance window opened in a previous NT session, please send your log and trace files as I am not able to replicate this behavior on my end. In the email if you could include who your data provider is, whether you have connect on start up enabled that would be helpful.

Send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and attach the log and trace files for the day in subject which you can find in My Documents>NinjaTrader8>Log and My Documents>NinjaTrader8/Trace folders.

I look forward to your email.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by brucerobinson View Post
            You might want to collate this with mine here https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...6-0-a-heads-up
            Similar issues. Trade Performance fix has broken everything.
            See stuff on Filters.
            I too leave the TP Window open when closing my workspaces. I have 8 workspaces open. All the start/end dates are incorrect, all the Filter Settings are lost. Blah, blah, blah. My Display is Trades.
            It's looking like another Alertgate scandal. AKA a right royal bugger's muddle.
            Seeing as I updated to 16.0 yesterday then to 16.1 today I;ve had the train wreck twice but was hoping it was only on update and tomorrow all would be rosy in my garden once more. PJSmit's experience seems to suggest not :-(
            Thanks for that. Sounds like similar issues.

Comment

Hello pjsmith and brucerobinson,

There is a bug here but to confirm we are talking about the same bug, would you please check that when the trade performance window is in a state of not working, that the filter has check marks next to the account, instruments, and templates?

And when you do check the boxes, you can pull results?

Video highlighting the problem behavior.
              Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Last edited by NinjaTrader_AlanP; 10-18-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Hello AlanP - to clarify what I have experienced...

Trade Performance will populate so for me it is not a fault with pulling in data. I thought it was until I spent forever hunting around to find out why it wasn't populating.

This is what I can report & to confirm: (keep in mind that I updated to 16.0 and experienced it, then updated to 16.1 and experienced it. Point is, unlike I believe PJ is reporting, I do not yet know if I will have the problem with a re-openend Ninja because yesterday was Update then Open. Exit last night, update to 16.1 this morning, same problem. Point is I have not exited the 16.1 update and then re-opened. So I don't know if the problem will be there every time I open, or is just there after the update and once 'corrected' will be OK thereafter. PJ's experience seemed to suggest not - but he may not be fixing the check boxes.

So, after I updated (on both occasions 16.0 and then 16.1) the symptoms were the same - the filter setting s broken so Account check box checked but no account, etc. Hit Generate and all appear., check check boxes and Trade data appears.

What I don't know if whether or not these will be retained when I exit and re-open (it takes an hour round trip so I'll let you know tomorrow whether it is only the updates that were breaking it).

The other issue that may or not be related is the change to date I think PJ mentioned. Several of my dates were changed to 10th October IIRC. My thoughts would be there is a 'hard date' in the update of 10th which gets put in. That has the effect of meaning it then doesn't roll forward each end of day.

What it means, is that because of this on x8 workspaces I have to firstly figure out what the heck is going on, wonder at why I ain't got no data, delve into Filter (eventually) that I use once when I set up, figure out I have to 'Generate' to get my lists populated, then check them as required then rinse and repeat across 8 workspaces.

And then do it all again the next day when 16.1 comes out because 16.0 was released with bugs (other than this one).

Point is, this sort of stuff ain't clever.

And it is seemingly interminable.

Yes just watched your vid. That's what I get. I see you have 10th Oct. Why? What it means is I have to go and change 8 workspaces 2x dates otherwise it won't roll to next day tomorrow.

Kind regards
                Bruce

Comment

Hello Bruce,

If you could please report your findings after your restart that would be helpful.

I'm not sure what you mean by Oct 10 in the video, the dates are 10-11 to 10-18, perhaps there is confusion in the format of the date, mm/dd/yyyy.

Comment

hello Alan,
                    Yes you're correct - I realised after I'd left my PC I just saw the leading 10 - then realised I'm UK format and you're Us, coincidentally my spurious dates are 10th Day.
                    Unless you changed yours, does that suggest that you do not encounter that problem? When you updated all your dates were correct? Mine certainly weren't. I updated to 16.0 and noticed some, but not all, my dates were 10/10/18 (I use same start and end date i.e. just current day for all ranges). I amended them using the Today button and after the Filter fix got my data.
                    Then the following day I updated from 16.0 to 16.1 and found the same problem again with the dates, some were at 10/10/18 again. Change them to 18/10/18, fix the filter problem and data back. But that tells you the date problem was not there pre 16.0 update, the incorrect dates were definitely corrected, and 16.0 Exited with Workspaces saved, updated to 16.1 and they are back to 10th Oct again. Whether that is because they are caused by the update and same in both updates, or do not save, we will have more of an idea about tomorrow.

It could be UK specific, I don't know where PJ is. I had a similar bug re: UK format getting changed to US and messing stuff up. Release notes give a description of a UK format problem being fixed. However the description does not match the problem I have been having. But the above does not have the characteristics of that problem anyhow. so may be unrelated

Kind regards

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_AlanP View Post
                      Hello pjsmith and brucerobinson,

There is a bug here but to confirm we are talking about the same bug, would you please check that when the trade performance window is in a state of not working, that the filter has check marks next to the account, instruments, and templates?

And when you do check the boxes, you can pull results?

Video highlighting the problem behavior.
                      Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Yes, looks like the same bug. Despite the 'accounts, 'instruments', and 'templates' boxes all being ticked, if you open up the filter, none of the boxes are in fact ticked, so nothing shows.

Comment

Good morning Alan,
                        The good...
                        All dates have behaved as they should i.e. yesterday I set them all to 18th October start and end (they were not after the update iirc), and today they are all on today's date of 19th October start and end.
                        The bad....
                        Re: Trade Performance data and Filters
                        Same as your video - none of the Lists are populated. The Accounts and Templates main check boxes are checked, the Instruments is not (and will not).
                        After hitting Generate the lists become populated, all items unchecked.
                        I believe - but cannot be 100% about what I did - that this hitting Generate to populate the lists is NOT effective until/unless there is a trade available for it to 'act on' between the dates. I believe I was hitting Generate as yesterday/per your video and nothing was happening. I wondered if it might be because I had no trades today and had today's start and end dates. I changed the start date to before yesterday and it populated the lists and brought up the trades. I then placed a couple of Sim trades and changed the dates to today's date start and end - thereafter hitting Generate populated the lists and then allowed them to be selected, brought up the Sim trades in Trade Performance. I have several workspaces so was able to do different things in each. My gut feel is that unless there is a trade within the date range, hitting Generate does not populate the lists allowing the check boxes to be checked in Filters. Hence, if I start today with the start and end dates of today, and have not placed a trade, Generate doesn't populate the lists. If I change the start date to include a trade (from yesterday), OR place a trade today, Generate does then work in populating the lists such that they may be checked.

So it seems to me, in essence, the Update including the fix/changes to Trade Performance breaks and clears the existing local Filter Settings, Generate only populates the lists if the date range includes a trade (hence if I have today start and end dates and have not yet traded it doesn't work) hence is required in order to populate the lists and select. Then, the filter settings selected are not saved on exit. So each exit resets to per the update - no saved filter settings, requiring the same procedure after every exit.

Kind regards
                        Last edited by brucerobinson; 10-19-2018, 07:14 AM.

Comment

same this morning - Filter boxes unchecked by default on opening, and can't check them until a trade exists within the date range. So, I either have to change the date range I use to include historical trades from before today, not have date range of today only. Or, I have to wait until I have taken a trade today before I can correct the un-saved Filter Settings to those that I want.

Either way, this has to bees seen as a bug introduced in the last update (presumably brought about by the Trade Performance fix in the Release Note). The way it worked before was that the filter settings were saved and no user intervention was required to maintain the situation after Exiting. Whilst Development are going about reinstating that position, perhaps they could fix the Listing by Trade Number defaulting to First at top of List. So every time you Generate you get your oldest trade in view and most recent at the bottom of the list out of sight ;-( It has a Feature Request, but like with this, it is a bug fix not a Feature Request. NT7 didn't do that ;-) And if this current bug isn't fixed and I have to have a date range back to last week I'll have to scroll down until my finger falls off before I can see my latest trade, or hit the Sort button every time I hit Generate in order to re-order

Hello?

Comment

The good news is resetting the Filters is effective across all Workspaces, so I don't need to do it on every one.
                            The bad news is that it is required at all. Each time/day I open Ninja, I must set the Filters, approx. a dozen mouse clicks. If I have Start/End set to Today, I must place a trade before this can be done.

I didn't have to do any of this before the last Update, nor ever in NT7.

I was asked to provide feedback on what I am observing. Is anyone there?

Kind regards,

Comment

Bruce,

Thanks for reporting this and patience while I got back to you.

This ws a side effect of some changes we made to that window that will be resolved. I'll also look into the re-sort problem to see what could be done for R17.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post GLFX005
                              by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                              2 responses