Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How do you keep all of your charts connected so they don't float independently?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkCloudCover
    replied
    Thank you Eric.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_EricB
    replied
    Hello DarkCloudCover,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. There is unfortunately not a method to manage windows together in this manner, though some third party item would likely be able to substituted to accomplish this. I will, however, forward a note to our development team on your behalf so interest and feedback in this feature is tracked for future feature consideration.

The ID for this request is SFT-1499. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes along with all updates upon release (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Let us know if we may assist further.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Leave a comment:

• DarkCloudCover
    replied
    TraderYoda, tried that but "restore all windows" is grayed out. The only way it's active is if you minimize one of the windows first, and even then it doesn't bring them all up together if you've had a browser window up. "Show All Windows Side by Side" falls short too for other reasons. Thanks for the reply though.

I've been using a platform other than NT and thought I'd check out NT8 and I'm kinda stunned that it works like this. NT8's got a lot going for it - no question - BUT personally if I'm trading for 4+ hours, it's nice to be able to "Alt Tab" over to check a browser window (or some other window) whether it's to look at a chart from an online platform, or check email if the market I'm trading is temporarily is in the middle of a range, or whatever, without having all the charts in my trading platform suddenly become disconnected from one another.

Leave a comment:

• TraderYoda
    replied
    DarkCloudCover, one thing I do sometimes is hold down Shift key and right click mouse on the Ninjatrader icon on the taskbar and select "Restore all Windows". This will bring all your NT windows into view
    Last edited by TraderYoda; 10-20-2018, 04:32 AM.

Leave a comment:

• How do you keep all of your charts connected so they don't float independently?

So here's a question for you: how do you keep your charts all connected together, so that they don't "float" independently? Here's what I mean:

I've created a new workspace with nine charts carefully sized and configured in it, and saved that workspace. When I close and reopen NT8, they all open up together - so far, so good. Until ... as I'm using NT8, let's say I need to check my browser window ... so I switch over to it using "Alt Tab" - when I switch back to NT8 - only ONE of mine 9 charts is there... and I have to manually use "Alt Tab" multiple times to bring all 9 chart windows back to their original position. How do you keep all your charts "together" so that if you hit "Alt Tab" and check your browser, you can "Alt Tab" back to NT8 and have all of your charts spring back up in the same space? I'm assuming there must be a way to keep them all together but I'm not finding it and have watched hours and hours of video tutorials and no one's addressed this?

How do you do it?

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
9 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
Started by frankthearm, 04-18-2024, 09:08 AM
16 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_Clayton