Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manually Importing Market Data

Hello,

My ninja trader 8 platform is not importing market data that I try to import manually. I was given a link from forex.com where they have all of their historical data. I have to convert the files from excel to text file but when I submit the info in the importing section it's says 0 data imported so I am not sure what am I doing wrong maybe the conversion part? Thanks

Hello E-Viper87,

Thank you for your post.

Historical data can be imported from a text file with a ".txt" extension within the Import tab of the Historical Data Manager.

Here is the Importing Help Guide to assist you further with formatting and naming the file.

Could you please respond with the file you are attempting to import if you continue to have issues importing?

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Yes, Forex.com provided with a link where all of their historical data is available for download. The folders are in zip format and the files are in csv format. I am trying to convert all these csv files to txt file using an online file converter, I am not sure if I am doing this correctly though? Here is the link to that webpage with the historical data http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/

Comment

Hello E-Viper87,

Thank you for your post.

You can open the file in Excel and then copy and paste the data into a blank text file. However, the data will still need to be formatted properly to import.

Here is the Importing Help Guide to assist you further with formatting.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
        Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok thank you I will try this

Comment

Hello,

I have done what you suggested copy and paste data into blank text file cause when i try to import this file it still says 0 files imported

Comment

So I was able to get Historical Data from 5 years ago and the way i did this was by just loading a chart and on the in the "Instruments" and "Properties" section where it says days of load i just put 1825 and it loads it, so what is the difference of loading historical data this way versus Importing it manually?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post Jon17
              by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
              0 responses