Bid/Ask/Last on Tick Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bid/Ask/Last on Tick Chart

When I plot the Bid/Ask/Last in FOREX, the Last always equal the Bid on Tick Chart x1. When I look at my broker (Interactive Brokers) Level II panel the Last is always between the Bid and the Ask, Why NT8 presents the information like my broker?
    Also the DOM doesn't show any market depth for FOREX, why?

Hello Dan_D_Trader,

Thanks for the post.

In the Data Series menu of a chart, you can pick which series to plot. Change the "Price based on" value to Ask, Bid, or Last.

It is expected to not see any market depth from a Forex market. There is no centralized way to get the depth for Forex instruments.

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

How come I receive Level II quote from Interactive Brokers and I cannot see them when I am selecting IB as my data supplier ?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dan_D_Trader,

Thanks for the reply.

No connection in NinjaTrader supports level 2 forex data. I'm not sure where IB is getting that data from.

Please let me know if I can assist further.

Comment

UPDATE

I was still skeptical about NT answer, so I decided to write an indicator that would track all bid/ask/last.
          You will find attached the file "My_Indicator-Detail".
          It shows that not only last price changes occur but also Ask and bid without any changes in the Last.
          When you see the first ID as Last, this means that the last Price has just changed; Last, Last>Ask, Last=Ask, Last<Ask, Last>Bid, Last=Bid and Last<Bid.
          When you see the first ID as Ask, this means that the Ask has just changed; Ask, Ask>Last, Ask=Last and Ask<Last.
          When you see the first ID as Bid, this means that the Bid has just changed; Bid, Bid>Last, Bid=Last and Bid<Last.

I included the IB Level II that is similar to the NT8 SuperDOM and its shows clearly the various offers that exist.
          The information exists in NT8. As a proof, I attached the FXPro snapshot of the screen for my IB account for the same pair and about the same time. The information is displayed.

Finally, the SuperDOM, shows none of this information as shown by the attachment. Why?

As for the origin is relatively unimportant since it represents Buyers and Sellers activities occurring in the Market.
          May be not the whole Market but a representation of IB traders activities.

So Why IB cannot display this relevant information? Anyone has a clue?
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello Dan_D_Trader,

Thank you for the follow-up.

I will look further into this item and reply here shortly.

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Comment

Hello Dan_D_Trader,

Thank you for your patience.

We are looking into this matter further and when we have further details we will update this thread.

I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello Dan_D_Trader,

Thank you for your patience.

The Last Price in NinjaTrader will always be pulled from the data provider and this will be the Bid price. In the case of TWS the display of the Last price is the mid point between Ask and Bid price.

None of my tests yield results showing the Bid as being different from the Last in NinjaTrader. Can you share the code you used to verify? My test code is attached.

The Level II data for Forex is not shown in the SuperDOM as the SuperDOM was not originally designed with Forex in mind. This is why there are specific windows for use with Forex in NinjaTrader.

I look forward to assisting you further.
                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post Christopher_R  
                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                166 responses
                0 likes