Added icon to access the QTY Pad for 8.0.16.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added icon to access the QTY Pad for 8.0.16.1

Hello, in the release notes in mentions the above in the title of this post.

That may be fine for ninja controls and for the ATM but how do i turn off - i have own developed addon which uses the quantityupdown control in xaml and this icon is now appearing
    can i switch this off ? whilst you have added a feature request it seems you have not considered the implications to other addons and controls in introducing this.
    Hopefully there is a way to hide/disable this

please advise

Hello explorer101,

Thank you for the post.

I could not find any supported way of removing the button. The most straightforward way to fix this would be to change the code that you have. Below is a forum post from our colleague that gives many examples on modifying the chart UI elements.

Hello All, Moving forward this will be maintained in the help guide reference samples and no longer maintained on the forum. Creating Chart WPF (UI) Modifications from an Indicator - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ui)-modifi.htm (https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/creating-chart-wpf-(ui)-modifi.htm) I've

Please let me know if I can assist further.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

When you say 'supported' way - how do you mean ? I am familiar with your colleagues example page that does not really cover or deal with the nature of my question.
      You have made a blanket inclusion / addition of an icon for a standard xaml control - i should have a way of disabling it ? Can you please refer this to your other colleagues if necessary
      This icon does NOT apply to all fields of quantity they dont all need a numeric keybad - this is a POOR UI IMPLEMENTATION change by ninja so i am requesting this is fixed and addressed.
      The icon uses up space in my existing controls such that i cannot see the numbers - i should not have to redesign my UI because of this
      look forward to hearing back

Comment

Hello explorer101,

Thank you for the reply.

I will submit a feature request to have this item changed. Anything that is "supported" will be documented in the help guide. Since this is more of a C# WPF item the assistance I can give is limited, You could do this, but I would not recommend it. The automation ID of the button is blank, so I am not quite sure how one would access it with the FindFirst method.

I found this publicly available link on dynamically removing controls from a WPF app:

I am not able to delete dynamically added controls in button click event. Let me know how to do this. public void populateform(ArrayList list) { int i = 1; int count = 0; foreach (string

I will update this post with a feature tracking ID shortly.

Comment

Excuse me on this - you have unilaterally introduced an icon which does a blanket dump of an icon on a standard quantity control .... is this even standard UI ... based on a feature request ... of how many votes? it uses up valueable screen real estate ? what sort of QA standards are you running in ninja ? questionable based on some of the prior releases!
          It now renders what has been working fine since inception of Ninjatrader 8 and only now version 16.1 you have / development have applied an icon without consideration of the impact to existing users code - the fact it cannot be accessed means you are perhaps using NON Standard application of an icon . your explanation and reasoning is NOT acceptable - many many instances Ninja slap in a change that is not tested properly or considered the impact of this change !
          Please investigate further with someone who has knowledge of WPF controls and not point me to useless links on how to remove something that ninja has somehow added - if this was done properly it would make use of a setting enable/disable for that control

Comment

Hello explorer101,

Thank you for your comments.

It would be more maintainable for you to make your own up/down integer box, the UpDown box that is used in Chart Trader is not a standard WPF control. This publicly available page suggests you can use IntegerUpDown from the xtended wpf toolkit.

I will submit a feature request to have a property exposed for the quantity pad as well.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickH; 11-15-2018, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Hello explorer101,

Upon further review, we found an undocumented property that will disable the quantity pad. It is a bool called IsPopupEnabled. Please see the attached example.
              Attached Files

Comment

thanks Chris - that works just fine - thanks for searching and researching this more

Comment

wow, the new version! love the new order entry calculator thing, that totally gets in the way when you're trying to enter the share amount, great! any way to get rid of it??

I know the order entry was clumsy and crap before but I don't think "making it worse" is really the solution!

good to see the graphics have all changed for things like "order entry hidden" and are still as unintuitive as before, yet now still need to be re-learned - nice.

line drawing tool - still not shift for straight line, good good.....

so it seems you guys have been at work, once again, fixing things that didn't really need fixing and NOT fixing things that obviously did.

Good stuff, NT team!

Comment

i submitted a request here https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d-for-8-0-16-1
                    when 8.0.16.1 was released - as i also had same issue with XAML addon i had and was blocking the entry field and i didnt want to make the entry fields bigger; and the calculator was superfluous and not needed at all.

My view this was a poor implementation given there was no option to disable this. So perhaps you should submit a specific request in addition to the one above in case your situation isnt covered
                    Last edited by explorer101; 11-15-2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ScottWalsh, 04-16-2024, 04:29 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ScottWalsh  
                    Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                    10 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post frankthearm