Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major performance issue

Hi,

OK, I've been noticing lags for a while on the latest NT8 version where there are a lots of ticks, but today really, really pushed it home. I run NT8, latest version over 4 monitors with the Kinetick data feed. I also run a DOM with a CQG data feed, independently from NT, but on the same machine/monitors.

So, in all the excitement in /ES today, ninjatrader was 10 whole points BEHIND the action. The DOM via CQG was spot on.

So, my query is. Did anyone else with the NT8/Kinnetick combo suffer the same issue? I'm wondering if it is the data feed or NT8. All the ticks are received, but seemingly it takes too long to play them back through the charts, so it takes a while before the action calms down and nt8 charts catch up. Completely useless to trade with in action like that.

Apart from wanting to know if anyone else suffered the same, perhaps NT support could tell me if there is a way to check if it was the data feed (i.e. Kinetick) lagging or simply NT8 trying to keep up where the delay was?

I do run some indicators, but not many. It's not my high spec PC as CPU stays reasonably low and of course the DOM on CQG on the same machine kept up just fine.

These opps are rare, so if your platform fails when they happen, big missed opp and a long wait for the next one, so I'd like to resolve this if it's possible.

Thanks for any feedback/suggestions.

Hello Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

There is currently a known issue with Kinetick which is on Kinetick's end. They are aware of the issue and are working on resolving it as we speak.

I'll follow up when there is more information.
    Dennis E.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Thank you for your patience while this issue was addressed.

We have received an update from Kinetic that the delayed data issue should now be resolved.

Please let me know if you continue to experience the same.

Comment

Thank you for the quick responses. Might I just check this issue has in fact been happening for a little while (days?), as I have noticed the issue over that period. I'll update here once another period of market activity occurs that might replicate the issue, or not. Thanks again.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately I did not know exactly when the data feed began being effected however if you notice any lag in data going forward don't hesitate to respond to this thread or write in to [email protected].

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
          3 responses
          1 like
          Last Post PaulMohn  
          Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
          4 responses
          0 likes