Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using strategies as alerts to manually trade from

Hi

Annoyingly, the strategy dissapears from the chart whenever I complete a manual trade from the same chart. Then I have to reload the strategy every time I manually trade from that chart via chart trader. Any ideas how I avoide the tedium of this?

Thanks

Chris

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)

I am not able to reproduce this behavior when following these steps:
    • Add the Sample MA Crossover to a chart with account = Sim101, enable it with 'Start behavior' = 'immediately submit, sync. account' (this typically results in a position being opened immediately)
    • Enable Chart Trader, place a buy market order
    • The strategy is still enabled and does not disappear
    • Use the CLOSE button
    • The strategy is disabled and the position is closed (expected)
    Can you go into further detail about what steps you're taking to produce the result of the strategy disappearing when manually trading? Also, what does disappear mean exactly? The strategy is completely removed from the chart? Or is it just disabled?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	198
Size:	452.9 KB
ID:	1037267 As you can see there are no edges to the chart..........everything has dissapeared.........?? Including the main program page

Comment

The green and red strategy stripes on the chart disapear if I exit a trade via the chart trader too.......they then have to be reloaded onto the chart from the main control center by re-ticking the box in the strategy section

Comment

Bit of a shocker as I never had these problems in NT7 and yes I do have the latest NT8 update, latest graphics driver and latest adobe flash updates

Comment

There are a lot of symptoms occurring on your end that I do not believe we can resolve on the forums due to the lack of specific information. I'll need you to write in with your log and trace files so we may investigate what is occurring on your end.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com, include a link to this forum post and '1995571 ATTN Patrick G' in the message as well as your log and trace files:
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under My Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Sent all log and trace files for the day to support Looking forward to your thoughts

Comment

I have not yet received your files. Try writing an email to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum post and '1995571 ATTN Patrick G' in the message.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Waxavi
                by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
                0 responses