Order Flow Market Depth Map mysteriously disappears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Flow Market Depth Map mysteriously disappears

I turn to my Market Depth Map chart periodically. On many occasions, I turn to view it, and it is gone. F5 refresh brings it back, but the history remains lost. Please advise.

On a semi-related note, ever since the update in the Support Forum some weeks or months back, the search function never returns any meaningful results based on my entered key words. The site is basically useless to me as a forum and is only usable in terms of my reaching out to support as with this note. Is this a known issue and/or is there guidance on how to leverage search so that it actually returns results?

Thank you in advance.

Please answer the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)
    • When you say 'turn to view it', does this mean that the chart with the Market Depth Map is either in a minimized chart window, or on a chart tab which currently isn't in view? Please elaborate.
    • Is there any reliable way to reproduce the symptom? If so, what steps must be taken?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Can you give me an example of what you're searching for in the forums that returns no results? Please be as detailed as possible with exactly how you're searching.

Also, you can always contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com for support. Email is arguably better because we can gather specific information like your log and trace files via email but those file should not be shared on the forums.

Comment

8.0.15.1 64-bit
      The chart and tab is always on screen, i.e. not minimized or out of focus. "Turn to" simply means "I look at it after some time"
      I cannot repro on demand unfortunately.
      No error or indication of issue; it simply acts as though the indicator is not there until I F5-refresh it.
      Per your log point, I reviewed the log and did find an error: Indicator 'Order Flow Market Depth Map': Error on calling 'OnRender' method on bar 5413: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

I will respond to the search issue in a follow-up post when I identify an example or two to share.

Comment

I'd like to have your log and trace files to further look into the Order Flow Market Depth Map issue. Follow these steps:
        • Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 1995598 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by samish18, Today, 01:01 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:56 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby