Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Market Analyser - possible to compare price at last bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Market Analyser - possible to compare price at last bar?

Trying to get some divergence alerts, specifically on the RSI. is it possible on market analyser to have it check the last bar in comparison with the lower one, and check if RSI is diverging from price?

Hello mohdhm,

Thanks for your post.

The Market Analyzer itself would not be capable however if you have an indicator that provides this information (...last bar in comparison with the lower one, and check if RSI is diverging from price) it can be added to the market analyzer through the use of the Market Analyzer "indicator" column. Typically the indicator would need to provide a signal plot that is in one state when the divergence is occurring and another state when not (so +1 and 0 for example).

If you do not have an indicator, you may want to review the indicator file sharing area here: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...r-8-indicators for any that may meet your needs or can be modified to meet your needs.

Alternatively, if you request we can provide links to 3rd party programmers who would be able to provide this custom coding solution.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I want to create a column in the market analyzer to indicate when the last price has crossed above or below the 55 EMA.
      how do i create a column to produce this search?
      I have the last and 55EMA already but no way to compare and produce a notice of this action.
      thks

Comment

Hello willwin,

Thanks for your post.

If you wanted to be alerted when the last price crosses above or crosses below, you might want to look at creating an Alert condition in the market analyzer. The alert can take the last price column and compare to the indicator columns that has your EMA. The alert will send a message to the New>Alerts log. Additionally you can have the alert issue a sound, send a text/e-mail, display a pop-up window, and even place an order. Here is the help guide for alerts: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...t8/?alerts.htm

Comment

Thank you Paul
          But I need to actually have a column or some way in Ninja8 that will produce the fact that the price has crossed above or below the 55 EMA.
          how do i create a column to produce this search?
          thks again!
          BTW: do you do ninja8 coding?

Comment

Hello willwin,

Thanks for your reply.

What I would suggest is creating a custom indicator that will provide a "signal" plot that provides specific value such as 0 if no cross, +1 for a cross above, or -1 for a cross below. The indicator then can be added to the existing market analyzer columns "indicator". The market analyzer can then read the signal plot and you can set the cell conditions to react as you want them to (with color and or text).

If you would like this created for you, we can provide a link to 3rd party programmers that can provide that service.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes