Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using different time zones in NT8

Hi Patrick,

I have a quite similar case regarding the usage of different time zone in NT8. My database has been collected using CET time zone (UTC+1 during winter season / UTC+2 during summer season).

I tried to change the time zone of NT8 to UTC but the chart does not change which I interpret in the way, that NT8 always charts the data as they are stored on the database. The changed time zone changes the EOD break and the trading hours (sessions) but not the chart, i.e. the time stamps on the x-axis itself.

Can I somehow get a chart using UTC time zone if my database has been stored using CET time zone?
    Or more general: How can I chart data in a different time zone than the stored data?

Many thanks in advance.

Bests,
    Joerg

I've moved your post to the NinjaTrader 8 forums since it is regarding NinjaTrader 8.

If you change your NinjaTrader timezone, after restarting the platform, you also need to right-click on your charts and select 'reload all historical data' so that historical data is downloaded in the new time zone.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

many thanks for your fast answer. Do I understand right, that the data cannot be charted in a different time zone that the time stamps used in the database?
      My problem is, that I have more historical data in the database than my data provider allows to download. Therefore I am not able to load the database again in a different timezone.

Comment

Hello Joerg,

This is correct. The historical data is timestamped with your local timestamp when downloaded and stored. It is not possible to display historical data in a different time zone so it must be re-downloaded if the time zone is changed.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ChelseaB, can you submit FR to have an option, so NT saves data with UTC and the user's timezone change automatically made its work on its own in the backgrounds?
          otherwise, people just travelling/moving through timezones, just cant use NT normally. Why dont you think of customer's satisfactory? this has a huge impact nowadays, and our clients are also frustrated with this problem.

Comment

Hello ttodua,

Thank you for your reply.

Chelsea is out of the office today, but I have submitted this feature request on your behalf to save data using UTC time and then calculate the local time to display from the time zone setting. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-5307.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes