Chart with Arithmetic operations on instrument [values]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart with Arithmetic operations on instrument [values]

Hello - I know this is not possible in NT7, but is it possible in NT8? Please see chart snapshot below. Can we get a chart of GOOG-YHOO, GOOG-2*YHOO, or (ES 12-18 - YM 12-18), etc? TIA!
    Attached Files

Hello joe11,

Are you trying to get a spread?

There are spread indicators for both NinjaTrader 7 and NinjaTrader 8.

Below is a public link to the user submitted apps on the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.
    Plots the Spread of two instruments The first instrument is the primary chart data series. The secondary instrument is specified by the parameter "Symbol2". The secondary instrument does not need to be plotted on the chart, but if it is, then "Symbol2" may be left blank and if will default to the second instrument displayed […]

Plots the Spread of two instruments The first instrument is the primary chart data series. The secondary instrument is specified by the parameter "Symbol2". The Parameters "Qty1" and "Qty2" are multipliers which are applied to each instrument's price before adding the two; default values are "Qty1=1" and "Qty2=‐1" which will simply plot the difference between […]
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Appreciate your quick response.
      I am familiar with Spread indicators you mentioned. I was looking for a " native* " spread chart where I could use a number of built-in and custom indicators on the resulting chart.
      Many charting platforms have had this for a while, so I thought NT8 would support it.

The problem with a Spread indicator is that I would have to use "indicator on indicator", that doesn't always work out as expected.

Is there a Spread indicator in Ninja Trader that plots the spread as a candle/bar chart instead of the line plot?

Thanks again

* Arithmetic expressions as instrument of the chart

Comment

Hello joe11,

No, there are no spread charts or indicators included with NinjaTrader.

Yes, there is a spread indicator with candlesticks. Below is a public link.
        This is a conversion of the Spread Indicator with Candlesticks. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments.

Comment

Thank you. Is there an NT7 version of this spread indicator with candlesticks?

Comment

Hello joe11,

Yes, this can be found by searching spread in the User Submitted Apps section of the ecosystem.

Below is a public link.
            This is an indicator for plotting spreads, however will plot spreads using candlesticks. Please note that one cannot trade spreads in NinjaTrader, however many people have asked for the ability to plot them with candlesticks so this is why I have made this indicator. Please note it will only work with Time‐dependent charts, as time‐independent […]

Comment

Could I get this spread with candles indicator updated to use decimal quantities also, please? For example, I would like to chart (2.55*GOOG)-(0.77*AMZN), so if I load the updated indicator on a GOOG chart, the inputs would be: Symbol2=AMZN, Qty1=2.55, Qty2=0.77.
              TIA!

Comment

Hello joe11,

The decimals can be controlled by overriding FormatPriceMarker().

Below is a link to the help guide.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin  
                Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                6 responses