auto load 50 strategies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

auto load 50 strategies

I have a strategy that is actually an automation of a particular trading sequence .
    Every day I would like to load about 50 stocks with the corresponding parameters.
    Is there an automated way to do that? by using Excel for example?

What are my options ?

Hello dadara,
    Thanks for your post.

Do you mean that you want to run the strategy on the same 50 stocks every day?

What specifically would you want to do with Excel? Anything like this will likely require some custom coding.
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshG; 10-29-2018, 12:11 PM.
    Josh G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I mean that every day I have a list of 50 stocks. some are the same from yesterday. they each have a trigger levels I want to act upon.
      and every day I need to update the list (some of the data)
      Is there a way to upload the strategies by using excel rather than manually enter the parameters and activate them ?

Comment

dadarara,

There is not a way to do this through the User Interface, but could be accomplished with some custom programming. Let me know if you want more information on how to create this script or have someone create it for you.

Comment

I would of course love to know everything you can provide me with.

Comment

As NinjaScripts are built on top of C#, nearly anything that can be programmed in C# can be implemented in a NinjaScript. We have some examples on our forums that demonstrate how you can incorporate various techniques into your strategies and indicators.

For example, there are samples that demonstrate how you can use a StreamReader and a StreamWriter to read and write to a file from a NinjaScript. This sample can be used to help create a script that reads and writes to a CSV (comma separated values) file. This file format can then be imported into Excel and this file format can also be exported from Excel.

Our Reference Samples can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...e-samples?f=30
            StreamReader Sample: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_read_fro.htm
            StreamWriter Sample: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...o_write_to.htm

To be able to stream data to and from an Excel spreadsheet, it may be possible to do this through the DDE interface. We do not have an example that demonstrates this however, and we would not be able to provide further direction to develop a NinjaScript that utilizes this. You may find useful resources online that show how a C# application can use the DDE interface.

I have found one resource here that may be useful: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/cob...ce-automation/

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. You can search the Ecosystem database by clicking on the link at the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have questions about any of this.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by FrazMann, Today, 11:21 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post FrazMann  
            Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes