• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

FXCM API Failed to Initialize (8.0.16.2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FXCM API Failed to Initialize (8.0.16.2)

I just update NT from 8.0.15.1 to 8.0.16.2 and now I can't connect to FXCM. I already removed the prior connection and created a new one but keep getting this "Error [my connection name]: A native exception occurred or the API failed to initialize. (Panic)". I rebooted the PC. Please help.

Is the a live FXCM connection? Or a demo connection? if the latter, does the issue persist if you request a new forex demo here and use those new credentials to create a connection?
    Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

[SOLVED]

Yes, is a live account. It's working now after launching the 32bit version instead of the 64b which is optimal for my PC. Before running the 32bit, I first deleted the account besides the connection, but still got the error. So, only by launching the 32bit build fixed the problem. Maybe it's making a different init configuration for the API. I'm running the 64bit build with no problems now. Hope this help.

Comment

Interesting i get the same error with 8.0.16.1 just now and did a search on this : i also just requested new demo credentials and also deleted prior account and created new connection.
        I need 64 bit version so to run 32 not an issue : have run fxcm connection about 6 weeks ago with no issue. Any ideas?

Comment

Anyone experiencing this issue - please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com so we may gather specific information about what you've run into. Make sure to include a link to this forum thread and '1997258 ATTN PatrickG' in the message.

Also, 8.0.16.2 has been released. I would recommend updating to that version then writing in:
          • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
          Patrick G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by pjsmith, Today, 12:50 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post pjsmith
          by pjsmith

Started by quinton77, Yesterday, 09:59 PM