Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Making Volumetric bars looks more CandleStick like

Hello,

Not sure if it needs to be split into 2 separate requests, but I have uploaded a pic with feature suggestion.

Please let me know if you could create a feature request of if there is a workaround on accomplishing it with current version...

Also adding ability to custom program highlighting of specific cells would be nice addition.

Thank you.
    Attached Files

Yes you can do this. Just add another data series to the chart with the same time frame and regular bars and then make the candle body on the edge transparent.
    Hope it helps.

Here is the link to the thread.

I was trying to create this type of bar is in the Help Section and for some reason with the two feeds I got 2 red or green on the same bar. Thank you.

Comment

Thanks a lot Trader17! That did the trick! I can even put Volumetric dataseries as a secondary...

I guess the second part of the question is still remaining - maybe it needs to be moved to "Indicator Development" section... How to paint in real time specific cell colors? Any easy ways to accomplish for example to paint specific "Ask" tick price background (and/or text) into custom color programmatically?

Thanks!

Comment

Hello music_p13,

I'm glad you have found a solution for displaying the candlesticks in the center.

As for having an indicator change the color of these cells, this would not be possible unless the Volumetric ChartStyle exposes some way to modify each cell. What could be possible from an indicator however, is to draw a rectangle on top of each cell to colorize that cell. This may not be the most ideal solution, but what could be done right now.

I've submitted a feature request on your behalf to track interest behind being able to programmatically modify the Volumetric ChartStyle and to change the appearance of Volumetric Bars in general through code. The ticket ID is SFT-3611. As with other feature requests, we are track interest before implementing and cannot guarantee that a request will be fulfilled.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jim,

Do you have any sample or guidelines on how to draw rectangle let's say around specific "Bid" or "Ask" level? What X coordinates should be used? Y coordinates should be Price level Tick up and Tick down...

Regards

Comment

Hello music_p13,

SharpDX could be used to draw rectangles and you could use ChartScale.GetYByValue to get a Y coordinate from a price level. As for X coordinates, you would need to use ChartControl.GetXByBarIndex() to get an X coordinate for the bar slot. To offset this to highlight the bid/ask price ladder you would have to offset the X coordinate from the X coordinate of the bar. Since Volumetric bars change their distance with Bar Spacing, I would recommend using ChartControl.Properties.BarDistance to offset those coordinates. I don't know exactly how the ChartStyle renders the price ladder so some experimentation may be needed.

We have a sample indicator that covers custom rendering called Sample Custom Render that can be used for referencing SharpDX implementations. I also have a pet project available on our EcoSystem website that creates a wrapper for SharpDX rendering. The code in that pet project can be referenced for further SharpDX rendering solutions. Keep in mind, the wrapper is a pet project of mine and is not supported by NinjaTrader. The code involved could still be used for educational reasons, however.

SharpDX wrapper - https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...elper-wrapper/

ChartControl.Properties - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...properties.htm

ChartControl.GetXByBarIndex() - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...bybarindex.htm

ChartScale.GetYByValue() - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...etybyvalue.htm

Information on SharpDX rendering can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._rendering.htm

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_Jim; 10-30-2018, 01:58 PM.
            JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for all the detailed info!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM