New Update with Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Update with Error Message

I have the newest version 8.0.16.2 64-bit .

I get the following error message:
    ChoppinessIndex.cs The namespace 'NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.Indicators' already contains a definition for 'ChoppinessIndex' CS0101 26 18
    It won't compile, or let me exclude from compilation or remove.

Let me know what should be done...
    Thanks.
    kz

Hello zeller4,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. To test, I suggest shutting down NinjaTrader 8. Next, open the Control Panel > under Programs, select Uninstall or Change Program. Next, right click on NinjaTrader 8 > Select Repair and complete the installer prompts.

Let me know if you see the same error after taking these steps.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

updated to latest NT 8.0.16.2. After installation can not run NT. While NT Showing :Copying Custom Assemblies"- the error window flashes. The error says "Unable to locate or copy Commission.Templates" Screen shot attached.
      What else is wrong in my installation?
      kindly help me out

regards

umesh
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello umeshchsharma,

Thank you for your post.

Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a link to this forum post.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The following is happening after I perform repair and separate uninstall/reinstall operations. When running the setup program, I receive this screen capture error message.
          Attached Files

Comment

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from. This will allow you to see the specific errors and correct them. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
            • Open NinjaTrader
            • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
            • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
            • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
            • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
            • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
            If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
              Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from. This will allow you to see the specific errors and correct them. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader always compiles all indicators and strategies - not just one. This is done to give you the highest runtime performance possible.
              • Open NinjaTrader
              • From the Control Center select the New menu--> select NinjaScript Editor
              • Double click on the Indicators folder--> then double click on any of the indicators
              • Once the indicator code is in view right click in the window and select Compile to compile all NinjaScript objects
              • At the bottom of the NinjaScript Editor window, a new section will appear where you can find the error locations
              • You can exclude the file referenced in the editor by double clicking on the appropriate object type on the right of the NinjaScript Editor window. This will expand the object type folder. You can then select the file with a left click--> right click on the object--> then select Open to begin debugging the file, Exclude From Compilation, or Remove to delete the file.
              If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the NinjaScript File column and Error column fully visible (not to be confused with the Code column)

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using Window's, Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Click here for detailed instruction

We have also collected more comprehensive steps for resolving NinjaScript programming errors in this tip in our Help Guide:
              Obviously, you're busy and need to cut/paste "how to fix" instructions. Possibly, you didn't have time to read my support forum post. I showed the error message after compiling. I used the snipping tool to capture the error message. I also know all indicators and strategies are compiled not just one and I already stated that it won't allow me to Exclude From Compilation or Remove the offending file.

Comment

I apologize - I took over the thread from Eric and did not see the first message you wrote. I see that now. This is occurring because the choppiness indicator is included by default with the install so you now need to manually remove the custom one you've imported at some point in the past.

You should find the file in the Documents > NinjaTrader 8 > indicators folder. Make sure to delete 'ChoppinessIndex.cs' and not any other file - especially not any with an @ in the name.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by mmenigma, Today, 02:22 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post mmenigma  
                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes