NT v8.0.16.2 upgrade error message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT v8.0.16.2 upgrade error message

After upgrading to 8.0.16.2 I get an error message "Unable to locate or copy commission template" I have used the rebuild function. I am unable to run Ninja Trader.

Does it name a specific template or file? Or is that the only message that appears?

Comment

This is the entire message. No template or file named.

Comment

If I had to guess, I suspect there is a specific template file listed in your trace files on startup that is unfortunately not printing in the pop up. Do not share your log and trace files here since they may contain sensitive information, however, please write me an email and include those files so I may learn more about what you're experiencing.

Please write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com and include '1998825 ATTN Patrick G' in the message. Below are steps you can follow to attach your log and trace files to the email:
        • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to Documents > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

I have Ninja installed in C:\NinjaTrader. I updated the registry from C:\Program Files (x86)\NinjaTrader 8 (default install location) to C:\NinjaTrader. NT now works. The issue of creating this registry entry should be rectified in the next release.

A superior installation design is Sierra Chart. SC does not use the registry. Everything required to run the program is contained within the install location. Consequently back up and moving to another computer is as easy as copying the folder. No registry. One folder not an install folder and a separate folder under the documents folder.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed this to the Development Team for review.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post CortexZenUSA  
            Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
            0 responses
            1 view