Update Disaster !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Disaster !!!

There is a log message that said Unable to compile custom assembly. Original version restored. you need to recompile your Ninjascript files.
    This has happened to All my Strategies !
    This is a disaster,they were perfectly OK before I updated !
    Last edited by fredfred; 11-01-2018, 02:06 AM.

Updated yesterday but just opened the new version today and have the same problem. There seems to be some programming issues with the Vortex.cs indicator (Code is CS0101 [whatever that means]). Will try to go back to the prior version. Surprised to see no other messages yet.

Comment

Luckily I think I fixed it by deleting a Strategy that may have been causing the problem.
      Question is why was it working fine before the update, then after the update NT8 has locked me out ALL my strategies and with the compile message, and leaving me to guess which one is causing the Problem ?
      NT8 would'nt let be re-import a fresh version of an indicator as import Ninjascript was barred and all the indicators within the Strategy was not available.
      I had a message to say I would have to remove the dependancy of an indicator to fix the strategy, but how do you do that if you cannot open it ? catch 22 ?

I luckily deleted an offending strategy and all seems well, but there surely should be an indication of an offending strategy rather than guessing.

Comment

I am having similar issues. After running the update I can no longer get the 64 bit version to open, and now when I open the 32 bit I cannot get my old strategies and indicators to run. Logs say atrender() issues, but everything was perfect yesterday before updating.

Do these updates not get tested?!

Comment

Problems here too. Cannot log on with this new 16.2. Last version was okay. Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

A number of separate issues appear to be reported here. Please write into to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]Com along with your log and trace files and a brief description of the behavior you are experiencing.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response.
            • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
            • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
            • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
            • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
            We look forward to assisting further.
            Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post algospoke  
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses