Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

trying to get the ability to send emails from NT8 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying to get the ability to send emails from NT8 ?

I have set up sharing in tools/Options/sharing and selected email as a shared service. Whatever I put In the email set up it doesn't work. I just get a syntax error in the logs, the info I a putting correctly connects with my email client, so I don't understand what the problem is?

I am hoping I can go into my strategy analyzer and right click on some data and choose share to email this off, but instead, nothing happens at all? I choose the results of results grid and then ....... nothing?

should I be able to right click on a grid and select share/results grid/ email?

Thanks

Hello fredfred,

Thank you for the post.

I just get a syntax error in the logs
    What is the error you are seeing? that may provide some more guidance on what is happening here. Can you click on the log error and control + c to copy the error and paste it for me to see?

You should be able to send emails wherever you see the share option assuming you have a correctly configured email share service defined as default.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.
      This is the entirety of the log message:

Time Category Message
      01/11/2018 12:18:32 PM NinjaScript There was an error sending a mail message: Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was:
      Many thanks

Comment

Hello fredfred,

thank you for providing the error.

I wanted to clarify, are you seeing this error specifically when you enter your email server information and then try to send a test email?

What email service are you currently using? This may be due to the settings being used in NinjaTrader.

Comment

I wanted to clarify, are you seeing this error specifically when you enter your email server information and then try to send a test email?
          Yes this is happening when I send the test email from NT8

What email service are you currently using? This may be due to the settings being used in NinjaTrader.
          I am using windows 10 Mail

The emails sent to support works OK in NT8

Comment

Hello fredfred,

What service are you using with the windows 10 mail, is that outlook.com? I would need more information about what specific email provider is being used so that I can review the settings for that provider.

Have you tried a different email service to check if this is related to the account you are trying to use specifically? For example, if you have a gmail, have you tried entering the settings for gmail instead?

Comment

What service are you using with the windows 10 mail, is that outlook.com? I would need more information about what specific email provider is being used so that I can review the settings for that provider.

Its the email client that comes standard with windows 10 its called Mail and my email server is ntlworld.com

Have you tried a different email service to check if this is related to the account you are trying to use specifically? For example, if you have a gmail, have you tried entering the settings for gmail instead?

I receive and send emails fine from ntlworld.com and entered the settings that work from my email client. I think setting up a new email account just for testing would be unreliable because I wouldn't know it works, as ntlworld has always worked well.
              As I said earlier the email to support from ninjatrader8 get through just fine?

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thank you for clarifying the email provider is ntlworld.

Based on the information given at this point, the problem seems to be coming from configuration you are using for the share service. The mail to platform support option is not related to the share service so that is not going to make a difference here.

Can you confirm is ntlworld virgin media? I was able to locate the following page for SMTP settings by searching for ntlworld smtp server on google. Are you using the SMTP settings listed on this page? Because NinjaTrader is not the same as windows 10 mail you may need to verify with your email provider that you are using the correct settings that NinjaTrader is asking for.

Virgin Media Email settings Access your email through a Web browser Before you read on, did you know that you can access your Virgin Media Mail through a Web browser? This means you can send and receive messages through just about any computer with a connection to the Internet and also access other ...

I would also suggest at this point to also test a different provider than ntlworld to see if it is related to that provider. Not all email providers will work with NinjaTrader, in some cases, your provider may block NinjaTrader from being used to send emails. Testing a different email provider would let you confirm if this is or is not related to ntlworlds current configuration.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Nothing seems to be working with this.

I have created another email address with yahoo and entered all the relevant information into the sharing email set up, also double checked your information with Virgin Media and again does not work?
                  I have spent a day on this, trying every combination of settings and no joy!

Also when results page such as the Strategy analyzer is right clicked you have the option to print etc, and also to share.
                  When share is selected nothing happens ? there are no options just the options of results grid, tab contents and window, and when either is selected ..... nothing.

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thank you for the reply.

Do you have any firewall or antivirus software that may be interfering with the platform from sending messages using those servers? If you do have any type of security software being used, you may also check if temporarily disabling it allows for the email. I would otherwise not be certain from the present details why you are unable to set up the email. Can you provide the settings you had used with yahoo excluding your password and email? I would like to see the format of the username/email login information you used but it can be something fake.

When you select share from a grid, a small popup should appear showing the options you mentioned. If you click on either option it should open a new window that has a form to enter an email subject and text. The form looks similar to the one shown in the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...lightsub=share

If you are not seeing that appear, that may also be something else that is happening. Can you confirm that you are on the latest version of the platform? I would likely suggest doing a reinstall if you are not seeing the window appear when selecting the summary grid or window options.

To further assist with the email setup I would likely need to review the log and trace information to see if anything else is being reported when you test the email account. You can email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com to provide the log and trace files. You can also use the platforms help -> email support menu to automatically attach the files with your inquiry.

Comment

I set all this up on a separate computer and the email component in sharing still does not work, although the right click on a column of the strategy analyzer does produce a window for an email, but unfortunately the emails will not send

The error message says that there is a syntax error, command not recognized, the response was : ....... nothing

I must say I have tried everything.... different computer, different email address and every combination of setting supplied by the servers.

can you confirm there is not a problem your end?

Comment

Hello fredfred,

Thank you for the reply.

If using a second PC is still having problems sending mail, this still seems to me that this is likely due to the email provider configuration or something specific to your PC/network setup.

The share services are not something that is remotely controlled by NinjaTrader, this relies specifically on your email provider and your local PC/network to send the email.

I am able to use Gmail as a test from my end currently, I do not have an account with yahoo or the other service to test with. For this, you will likely need to email platform support to work with a support representative further who can also review your log information.

Comment

Still trying!

I have re-installed NinjaTrader 8 to the latest update and created a new gmail account. I turned off my virus protection and the only success is this email to me from google.
                          A suspicious app was blocked from accessing your account

Google prevented someone from signing in to your account using a non-Google app. If this wasn’t you, they know your password and you should change it immediately.

That being said, I still go to Strategy Analyser - right click and share window tab Contents or results Grid and get Nothing!

The Log is still showing email sent in the test without an error.

Comment

Success!

By allowing Google to accept sending from a non google ap and it says less secure, the emails are being sent and the windows are now assessable to send as Window or summary Grid.

Question is how secure is it being sent through Ninjatrader ? are they (Google ) being picky ?

Comment

Hello fredfred,

I would be unsure what the google message is referring to specifically aside from there is some difference in the default security google requires versus what third-party applications require. As google has more strict security for their services they seem to have an option to use alternate security if you plan to use external applications with their services. The other email services you tested may also have features like this which prevent outgoing messages from being sent from third-party applications.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                              2 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post algospoke  
                              Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes