Correcting and Adding Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correcting and Adding Trades

NT 8 is leaving out some of my Interactive Brokers trades from this week.
    Is there a way to either:
    1. Add trades or correct trades
    2. A way to refresh the data load into NT 8 from IB?

The issue happened yesterday so I have closed down IB and NT 8 and restarted both

Thanks
    TJ

It's possible to manually add executions into your Trade Performance report, however, lets see if we can find out why the issue occurred in the first place to prevent that tedious solution from being needed.
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.X)
    • What version of Trader Workstation/Gateway are you using?
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • What date/time were the orders/trades placed?
    • Were they placed from within NinjaTrader? If not, was NinjaTrader open and connected when they were placed externally (I assume from TWS)?
    Could you provide a screenshot which demonstrates orders you see in TWS but not in NinjaTrader?

Comment

NT 8 8.0.15
      My IB is 960.2g Which is about 2 years old but I was told I have to use that version for NT. Are there any plans to update NT to allow us to use a more current version of TWS?
      My Log tab only goes back to today but I did not see any errors on screen yesterday or today. I have 15 trades since Monday listed. There were 16 in reality so it mostly worked.
      The closing trade that was missing is from 10/30 at 3:58pm Central time
      They were not placed in NT but through IB
      The screen shot in NT shows the entry on 10/30 but not the exit on 10/30 and instead matches the entry with an exit on 10/31

Attached Files

Comment

Also I am using the 64 bit edition and the version is actually 8.0.15.0

Comment

There is a newer version of NinjaTrader 8 (8.0.16.2) and also a newer supported version of TWS (973.2g).

To update NinjaTrader, please follow the steps below.
          • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
          • Click on the link: http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
          • Enter your license key and press Submit
          • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
          • Select 'Download'
          • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
          The download link for TWS 973.2g is in the connection guide:

It sounds like you're checking the 'Trades' display of the account performance report. Can you confirm in the 'Executions' display that the execution is actually missing? There are several ways in that the NinjaTrader report can become out of sync or inaccurate, but before we move forward I need to know if the execution is there and just lined up incorrectly. or the execution itself it missing.

Comment

Thanks for the response. That is good news on the newer TWS support.
            The execution record is also missing. In looking at the full log file in NT it appears that it disconnected from TWS in the afternoon.
            I will update NT and TWS tonight after the trading session.

Can you point me to how to and update my NT database. Since this is something that has occurred in the past it seems a database update will be required.

Comment

NinjaTrader typically pulls in information about orders automatically. There is not really a way to re-initiate this process manually unless we experiment by removing the account from NinjaTrader then reconnecting to see if it would pull in the data. The alternative is to manually create the execution. Manually created the execution will be less invasive and will be 'guaranteed' to fill in the missing execution. Deleting the account may or may not automatically gather that prior execution.

To manually create the execution, right-click within the Executions display of the Trade Performance report and select 'Add execution...' a window will appear in which you can fill out all the relevant information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jaybedreamin  
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              6 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888