Modify built in chart background template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modify built in chart background template

There is a Chart Background Color Template - Called Gradient Brush. Is there a way to look at the color characteristics and modify them. Or are you aware of anyone who has a collection of these that we can use?

Thanks

I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to. Are you referring to creating a custom skin? If not, could you elaborate what you're referring to? If you think a screenshot would help, please include one.

Comment

Sure Patrick. Thanks for responding.

If I right click on a chart, I get a popup - Chart Spy - with different choices. There is an Item called >Colors and then >Chart Background which brings up the color Menu. I can then choose a color "Gradient Brush".

I would like to edit the gradient characteristics in this color selection or create my own. Pure white is hard on the eyes and this gradient looks decent. A lot of browsers are offering "Night Time Mode" to reduce stress on the eyes.

Maybe I should take the path of least resistance and make the chart background black or dark grey, but I liked the gradient effect. Is there any XML code that provides the background color characteristics that can be edited?

Thanks,

D

Comment

I don't recognize 'Chart Spy' as being a default part of a chart's right-click menu. Here is what the default right-click menu looks like:

You're saying there is something in this list called 'Chart Spy'? Do you have any custom add-ons applied to your chart that may be adding this item?

Comment

Sorry for the confusion. Right Click on Chart> Properties.>Colors >Chart Background > Select Color from Menu >Gradient Brush.

Can I create a Background Skin like this or somehow customize the Chart Background vix XML?

My guess is no.

Thanks

Comment

I don't see gradient brush in the color list, but I suspect this is due to us using different skins. I have 'Slate Gray' applied. What skin do you have applied? You can check under Tools > Options > General > Skin.

If my suspicion is correct, then this could be modified as part of a custom skin, but not from within the color drop down list you're referring to.

Comment

I have dark.

Comment

Yes, it is a part of skins. If you'd like to develop a custom skin, you can learn more here:

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

Just what I was looking for.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

I followed the link that you provided in #8. When I clicked on "BluePrint" xaml file, Internet Explorer popped up with and error "An error occurred in the application you were using". Do you know why this happens and do you have any suggestions? Should I use another xaml editor?

Using Explorer Version 11.0.9600.19155IS

Comment

To be clear, that is this link:

You're saying that fails to load in your browser? What if you use a different browser?

Comment

Thanks Patrick,

In post 8 you provided this link: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...r_own_skin.htm.

I followed link and then followed the instructions, when I clicked on the BLUEPRINT file, I got an error. Try following the instructions leading you to Blueprint and see if you get the error. I did not try another browser because clicking on Blueprint automatically opens IE.

Comment

Patrick,

I figured it out. The User has to have either "Expression Blend" or "Visual Studio" installed. Click on the XAML file > Open With. I have VS2018 installed so I chose that. Upon completion, the XAML file opens for editing. Not sure what the differences are between EB and VS but I'm going to look into it. If you're interested in what I discover, let me know.

Thanks for all of your help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
                          4 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post DJ888
                          by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
                          0 responses