• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Ruler Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruler Tool

Is there a way to set my ruler tool to set the Value Y to Currency forever. Every time I use it, I have to manually change >drawing object > Anchor > Y value display unit. Thanks for any feedback.

Originally posted by Satori2Trade View Post
    Is there a way to set my ruler tool to set the Value Y to Currency forever. Every time I use it, I have to manually change >drawing object > Anchor > Y value display unit. Thanks for any feedback.
    Be happy you know that it exists, most folks don't. Lol. It's a handy little tool. Just curious, why do you need to change it from points to dollars? It's an easy mental calculation.

Comment

it helps me figure out the price/value of a candlestick. But you are right, I just need to double the price of the value and it will give me a ballpark figure of the currency. I just wish there is a way to make the setting permanent.

Comment

Hello Satori2Trade,

Yes, save a template with the name Default that has the Y value display unit set to Currency.

Below is a public link to the help guide on saving drawing object templates.
        https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...bjectTemplates
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. These instructions take me to Chart Properties Windows so I can't make changes to the Rule Tool. Please try it from your end to verify my innputs. Thanks agan.

Comment

Hello ,

I have just clicked the link I have posted to be sure. This has taken me to the 'Understanding Drawing Object templates' section of the 'Working with Drawing Tools & Objects' page of the help guide.

The link is correct. Please clear your browser history and try clicking the link once more.

To save a drawing object template, click to select, then right-click the object > select Properties > click template > save > save with the name Default.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Vincere, Today, 03:08 AM
            0 responses
            1 view
            0 likes
            Last Post Vincere
            by Vincere

Started by curious, Today, 02:17 AM