Ruler Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruler Tool

Is there a way to set my ruler tool to set the Value Y to Currency forever. Every time I use it, I have to manually change >drawing object > Anchor > Y value display unit. Thanks for any feedback.

Originally posted by Satori2Trade View Post
    Is there a way to set my ruler tool to set the Value Y to Currency forever. Every time I use it, I have to manually change >drawing object > Anchor > Y value display unit. Thanks for any feedback.
    Be happy you know that it exists, most folks don't. Lol. It's a handy little tool. Just curious, why do you need to change it from points to dollars? It's an easy mental calculation.

Comment

it helps me figure out the price/value of a candlestick. But you are right, I just need to double the price of the value and it will give me a ballpark figure of the currency. I just wish there is a way to make the setting permanent.

Comment

Hello Satori2Trade,

Yes, save a template with the name Default that has the Y value display unit set to Currency.

Below is a public link to the help guide on saving drawing object templates.
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. These instructions take me to Chart Properties Windows so I can't make changes to the Rule Tool. Please try it from your end to verify my innputs. Thanks agan.

Comment

Hello ,

I have just clicked the link I have posted to be sure. This has taken me to the 'Understanding Drawing Object templates' section of the 'Working with Drawing Tools & Objects' page of the help guide.

The link is correct. Please clear your browser history and try clicking the link once more.

To save a drawing object template, click to select, then right-click the object > select Properties > click template > save > save with the name Default.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post hazylizard  
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes